“One more review!”

Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Rapid City, South Dakota
“One more review!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This is an update to the review I already posted, just to say again how incredible is the staff at this hotel. Specifically Lisa by the pool, Carlos at the front desk, Mark, Constantine and Daniel on the beach--they are all hard working and deserve huge tips! I've traveled a lot, and have stayed in many different types of accommodations, but I've never received the kind of luxurious customer service as I did at this hotel!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,434)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

A little pricey but a really nice hotel
Amazing decor
It's the oldest hotel on key west but well renovated (recently) and well maintained.
Rooms had espresso coloured hard wood floor, very comfortable beds, and a Nespresso coffee machine for free.
Bottles Water in the room was free.
Has one of the best beaches in the island. Sand beach. Cabana boys fetch you chairs and towels
Drinks and food ordered & delivered to you on the beach
Food is very good (fish tacos are great)
Was over $300 a night
We met a couple that stayed at Southernmost hotel (a B&B).
Thy paid $150 for a two storey suite, a balcony and full breakfast.
So there are better deals but then you won't have access to the best beaches (Waldorf Astoria Casa Marina and Reach... Sister properties)
Try Santiago Botega's Tapas menu, as well as Le Mazon de Pepe (real Cuban food) and def checkout Better Than Sex (all dessert restaurant... The jungle fever chocolate dessert is killer)
Date night? Try Cafe Marquesa. Order the apps.. Try 3 or 4 of them. Fantastic. Entrees very big
And if you like oysters, check out Half Shell Raw Bar between 430-630 (1/2 price happy hour... 12 oysters for $6!)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference on site. First off, they need more staff. Rooms weren't cleaned till late in the afternoon, and we waited a long time at the restaurant. On one occasion we waited at the bar for over 5 min and no one acknowledged us, so we left.

Now--that being said, the staff they DO have is amazing and they are working their butts off. Everyone was helpful and went out of their way to accommodate us. We laid on the beach in the afternoons and there are plenty of chairs; the beach attendants will bring you towels and pretty much anything you ask for. Mark on the beach came by with cleaner for our sunglasses and a cool mist for our feet--not something you get at the Days Inn! Mid afternoon Popsicles and frozen eucalyptus towels made me feel like I was in heaven.

The facilities are a bit worn--carpet is dirty in the hallways and the elevators look ancient--but it appeared they were working on it. I'm not sure if I would stay here if it weren't for the conference, but I sure enjoyed it while I was here!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Coby S
Destrehan, Louisiana
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This trip to Key West and Casa Marina was among our best trips ever. This lovely, stately. historic hotel is the queen of Key West. The beach, with its grove of palm trees and hammocks, is second to none. We had a wonderful Ocean View room and balcony so we could soak in Key West each morning, at twilight, an into the evening. While pricey, we were on vacation and this was a unique experience; worth the memories. We dined on the beach, on the pool deck, and on our balcony... all were lovely. No doubt you can find a more economical way to see Key West but none better than this one.

By the way, don't miss the opportunity to see Key West by jet ski. Jojo and the Barefoot Billy's team were wonderful as they took very good care of first timers on jet skis. It was among the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank M S
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Ive been there for two nights, this hotel got 4 diamonds this year and they dont get it for nothing.... Restaurants are just incredible! The price is afordable! The pool for kids is big and children love it! Customer service is the best i got in 10 years of vacation. My wife forgot is wallet in the room with more than 1000$. They send the wallet on next day with fedex. ALL was there..money, cards, nothing was missing... Tanks to Jenny Moran for all and Jerzy Nowak. They made awsome work for us.
A BIG 5 stars for that team!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank the2000r
Sarah F, Front Office Manager at Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Casa Marina on TripAdvisor. We are glad you were able to enjoy our resort, its service, amenities and wonderful activities. We will certainly recognize the staff members that you've mentioned, and we look forward to seeing you on a return visit!

Sarah Franks
Front Desk Manager
Trooper, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I mistakenly expected a great deal more from this hotel than I should have. The Waldorf Astoria name created an expectation that certainly was not met. My husband and I traveled to Key West for our 5th anniversary so we were quite excited. I will say that the grounds are very nice and we did enjoy the beach. There were a few very helpful and pleasant young men that would set up the umbrellas and chairs for you. however there was a noticeable lack of food and beverage service on their beach. By far my biggest disappointment were the rooms. I realize that when staying in Key West this is typically not a high priority however it being a four diamond rated hotel, I expected better. We were originally put in a handicapped room next to the main stairway. The room was quite generic and unwelcoming and what I would have expected traveling for business in Newark (no offense to Newark). We were moved to another room which was in a separate building where the hallways were very dark perhaps because the carpet was so dingy. I could get over the terrible view but we could hear everything in the next room as if they were in our room (not appreciated at 3:00am). They did have a very nice gym across the street and the concierge was helpful suggesting restaurants. All in all I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Caitlin S
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

For being the flagship of their hotels I found myself disappointed. Rooms were small, dirty, uncomfortable beds and unfriendly staff. Not to mention the 18$ eggs and 14$ coffee. I've had better accommodations in a Hampton Inn. Will not be returning.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Erick M
Steven T, Manager at Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Erick M,

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I appreciate your honesty and your comments regarding areas for improvement will help us to continually improve the guest experience. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing the flawless service our guests' expect. The next time you have the opportunity to travel, I hope that you will be our guest again and provide us with the opportunity to demonstrate the unparalleled service experience and hospitality you deserve.

Steven Tresh