I had really high expectation before going to Casa Marina from what I hear from clients, friends and family. I was looking for a nice beach hotel for my whole family to enjoy (3 rooms). Unfortunately, there was no REAL beach and over $10,000 worth of belongings were stolen from our room.
Check in took a while and had to wait for one of the rooms till 5:00pm. It felt like the front desk staff were all receiving training and it was not their real job for some reason.
Rooms vary in quality and age. One of our rooms was nice but the other too were tired and old with really tiny bathrooms. That's when we upgraded our rooms to suites and kept moving around the property to fine what we were looking for. Nespresso machines in every room but you are luck if you get refills as housekeeping take ages to come clean the rooms. No windows to open in regular rooms but there were balconies in the suites.
Now one of the most important things that brought us to keywest was the beach. Casa Marina has an artificial beach where they actually imported the sand and laid it inf front of the rocks covering about 30ft of the grounds then you hit the water. None of us enjoyed the beach and had to go somewhere else to see clear waters and real sand. So if beach access in you resort is a must then look somewhere else for sure.
Safety in this hotel is not just weak, in fact there is no safety at all. There no surveillance cameras on the property which was confirmed by the security staff nor any kind of control on the ins and outs of this property. Anyone can run away with any kind of crime, you name it, and no one will have a simple clue what happened. Unfortunately, we were the victims of the hotels negligence when someone broke into our room and stole over $10,000 worth of jewelry, electronics and wallets with cash. When the security was brought to the scene they looked clueless and they didnt even communicate with each other which REALLY puts hundreds of question marks!! Our vacation was then ruined when we had to keep hiding our valuables and supervise the kids cause god knows what might happen on that property. SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND WATCH YOUR KIDS CLOSELY HERE if you choose to stay in Casa Marina which I don't recommend at all.
Keywest is not conveniently located geographically, so you cannot just pack and go to your next destination. So make wise decision and pick a safe and enjoyable place.
REALLY worst and scariest 4 days ever for a vacation.
You all be safe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West