“"Tag Sale" at Casa Marina”

Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Winston-Salem, NC
“"Tag Sale" at Casa Marina”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My stay at Casa Marina was nothing like I had expected. The hotel staff was rude and more concerned about hosting events than their own guest. I was not allowed back in the hotel parking lot after I left for dinner one night due to "event parking". Hotel staff told me to come back around 9:30pm. Drove around for 45 minutes with no parking within 6 blocks of hotel. Casa Marina allowed 4500 people on the property to view 4th of July fireworks. Wrist bands were sold to the general public for $22. It was an absolute nightmare with drunk individuals from outside the hotel wandering the hallways and in the pools. Nothing was done by hotel staff to control this! I felt like it was a safety issue for my family and that should not be the case at a Luxury Resort! To date only offered to remove parking charge from my bill. Spent over $550 at the hotel just on food and rental equipment not including my room charges. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank Jeff-WS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,436)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NY,NY
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I just loved the decor and architecture of this hotel. It seems like they just renovated the place. This place feels like a beautiful mansion rather than a hotel. I would definitely stay there again. Service was really good. Parking is free. There are computers in the lobby for personal use.

Decor: A mix of southern architecture and modern decor created a beautiful luxurious ambiance. I'm very picky about hotel decor and this place just amazed me. It was very different from the typical hotel lobbies with chandeliers, gaudy flower vases and colorful carpets. This place had a clean and elegant feel.

Room: Dark Hardwood floors. Spacious, Modern, Clean, Luxurious. Loved it!

Bathroom: Renovated, Marble. Shower area is a bit open so the water sprays out when you're taking a shower which creates a mess on the bathroom floor.

Pool: 2 big pools. I don't think there was a hot tub there.
Beach Access: There is no easy access to the beach and the beach is a bit rocky. II was only there for one day so its possible I missed something.

Water Sports: Available but more expensive than other places in the town.

Restaurants: Not sure, I normally go out for food because the food is usually over priced or not great at hotels. The food around the town wasn't that great either.

• Stayed May 2008
3 Thank Outdoor_zee
Salisbury, UK
Reviewed July 6, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Casa Marina for two nights, this was the hotel we decided to have as our luxury treat on our trip to Florida, and it was from the very first moment we arrived. In summary I would say it had the wow factor when you walk into reception, the staff were professional yet friendly and very helpful, our room wasn't ready but they were able to provide another room, the room was very nicely furnished, the bathroom had a very powerful shower, good food in the pool snack bar although it is a shame there is no restaurant for evening meals, the breakfast is excellent - very fresh both hot and cold options. The hotel has two pools and you are provided with fresh towels, hotel has its own beach (we didn't use but looked amazing with palm trees and hammocks in some of the trees!). Overall it is one of those hotels you could easily never leave during your visit (apart from the evening meal!). Would go back in a shot!

• Liked — The hotel's ambience and wow factor
  • Disliked — No restaurant for evening meal
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gem115
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2008

June, 2008

Don't miss an opportunity to stay at Casa Marina. It is a casual , elegant resort with tastefully appointed rooms, clean lines, and ever so comfortable! The suite had everything you would need with the ultimate view of the pool and the Atlantic. Spacious patio only 20 steps from the pool. Housekeeping was impeccable. Grounds nicely landscape and well taken care of. Pools very clean and maintained. Plenty of towels. All staff I encountered greeted you with a smile, and were eager to answer any questions. Amenities definitely designed to allow you to relax. The aroma therapy massage was excellent. Breakfast staff cheerful and up beat. The experience exceeded my expectations and I only wish I could have stayed longer. I have stayed in many places and would rate this resort as one of the best.

• Liked — accommodation, beach, pool, friendly staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
south florida
Reviewed July 4, 2008

I had done a lot of research on this property and all in all was satisfied with our stay. The location is a bit away from Duval and you will need transportation. This was not a problem for us as we had a car and parking was never a bother.
I was somewhat expecting a little more, being that the hotel recently underwent an expensive 'rivitalization'. We encountered a musty smell in the lobby when we checked in and also in our rooms.
The rooms was somewhat modern which is to my liking but the bathroom was a bit small.
I really loved loved the property. Two pools, bar, sitting areas, the view, hammocks. Very relaxing and very clean. However, the beach was a disappointment -- too much sea weeds and it was somewhat smelly.
The afternoon drink in the lobby was also a real treat and the pool attendants did a really great job.
All in all, the Casa, from all appearances, seemed one of the best hotels in Key West. I hope management vents the place with somethng similar to Ocean Key (I did a rest stop there on our way to Mallory Square and the place smelled divine).
All in all, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — Property, ambiance
  • Disliked — Beach
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank tussle
East Brookfield, MA
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I recently stayed at the Casa for the second time this year. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful to look at and we stayed in a one bedroom vista suite compared to a regular garden room last January. Only complaint with the room was that it had no direct access to the beach/ocean that was literally 4 feet down...stairs would have been great rather than walking around the halls and the building to it. The pools are lovely early on but by evening, after dinner swimming is an impossibility. The pools are littered around the edge with abandoned plastic cups and often cups and straws IN the pools. They don't clean the pools until the following morning about 9:00 a.m. from the previous day..ewww. The service was excellent and staff very responsive and happy. Though as others have complained the "resort fees" etc are rather exhorbitant given the high cost to stay there as it is so be prepared for that. Sadly, though not the fault of the resort, but the ocean itself really isn't for swimming on that part of the island, full of seaweed and coral. And given the prices to stay at such a resort, I was surprised at the amount of heavy partiers later in the afternoon and the nuisance at the pools and ground they were allowed to make of themselves. While I like the Casa I do believe I'm going to check out another venue my next trip to the Keys.

• Liked — Appearance
  • Disliked — Lack of fine dining
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank FirstRateStayOnly
new haven CT
Reviewed June 30, 2008

What can i say this property is beautifull. Key West is the only place you can go comprable to the caribean without needing a passport. We stayed 5 days 4 nights at the Casa and the time flew by ..The grounds are beautiful,and clean. The rooms are very spaciaus and immaculate. The out side bar is a little pricey buy hey your on vacation...... There was one miserable bartender named Chris, he would close the bar at night before it was time to close, when asked why he replied "because I am very tired and have alot to to tomorrow" excue me but isnt this your job????? All in all it was a great trip, and I would definetly return.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — bar tender
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends