“Great Wedding”

Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Attended a wedding on the beach. It was amazing. surrounded by freinds and family.
Rockin DJ , live music and a singer at cocktail hour. two bars, a cigar bar.
Lights, perfect weather. the place is beautiful. very welcoming. food was knocked out.
Did not stay there. so do not know what the rooms were like.
but came back for brunch the next morning. food was great again and enjoyed my short visit.
Love Key West, every time i go there i discover some place new.

I will be back. again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The property is beautiful. The resort also has jetski rentals & provides tours. The tour takes your around the entire island. Our tour was at sunset and the views were amazing. The staff is very polite and made it very enjoyable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first stay here.. it is so beautiful. It was a little pricey when we booked, but wanted to stay at a nicer hotel for this trip. We were in a king suite. It was beautiful and spacious lacking a little decoration on the wall though. They have shutters on the windows so a little light does come through(for those of you who are light sleepers) The view wasn't the greatest because it was of the street, but was covered by lots of beautiful trees. Loved the shampoos and soaps they provided.

The entire staff was very accommodating, buffet breakfast was really great with omelettes made to order. The grounds were very beautiful, It has one of the only sand beaches in Key West. You really felt like you were in your own beautiful world there with hammock tied to the palm trees, an assortment of lawn games too. They have piers the extend far into the water for you to enjoy. The only small disappointment for me was there was no hot tub on the premises.

Concierge was helpful with dinner ideas, and trips to take. Jet skis and bikes were available to rent near the beach..

There was a $25.00 a day resort fee and a $20 self park fee or $25 valet fee per day. We had internet with our package or there would have been a charge for that too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Key West has long been one of our favourite holiday destinations.
Our most recent trip was a short 2-night parent getaway where we were keen to get there and just relax.
For this reason, we chose the Casa Marina for the benefits of its beach and great pool area (including pool-side and beach-side bar service!)
Our room was expensive - around $700 per night for a street-side suite that was large, but rather stark and institutional. This was OK, as we didn't plan on spending much time inside.
Likewise, we didn't mind being away from the Old Town area as we enjoy walking and biking around the island (bike rentals are available in the hotel.)
My recommendation, if you plan to spend a week or more on the island, or are travelling with a group or family, is to avoid the hotels altogether. You'll find greater comfort, luxury and value with a private rental property (try vrbo.)
But, for a short stay, or where you value resort-style amenities, the Casa Marina is a good choice.

Room Tip: Opt for an ocean front room.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The staff at the Casa Marina made for an amazing week at Key West. In advance of this trip I was in correspondence with Stacey, a concierge. Traveling with my husband, who is quadriplegic, I wanted to find out how accessible this resort was. I was pleasantly surprised to be provided with the name and phone number of the director of beach and pool operations, Mark Gray. However, even before contacting him, his pool staff members, Walter, Max and Sean were there to assist my husband into the pool lift to spend the day in the pool. They also provided assistance the following day to get him onto a lounge chair on the beach. The day before we were about to conclude our vacation, we were approached by Mark Gray who told us that he would like to arrange a complimentary trip on the Fun Kat, mini catamaran. This would require a bit of man power since my husband is 6 feet tall and over 200 lbs. without any hesitation Mark enlisted the help that he needed to make this happen. As it turned out, the weather became windy so he arranged for us to be brought to the other side of the island, while he followed in his scooter! All of this went above and beyond our expectations!!! Thanks to you all for making this an amazing trip! Please forgive me if I am leaving anybody out, you were all amazing, from our 12:00 complimentary beverages, to our beachside Popsicles and frozen towels...we hope to return someday!

Room Tip: We were very pleased with the king wheelchair accessible room
1  Thank Lynn R
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Casa Marina 4 nights for an anniversary getaway.Overall a great stay. No complaints. The staff all over the hotel was quite nice and helpful. Most everything to say about this property has already been said. But, my piece of advice would be to not rent a car if you are flying in to Key West. On the map it looks like the resort is quite a ways from most of the action on Duval. But, the walk is quite manageable. And even if you don't want to walk, cab fares on Key West are dirt cheap (unlike everything else). So, save yourself the headache/cost of the rental car. Can't wait to go back to Key West and the Casa Marina.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at Casa Marina April 13th through the 20th, 2013. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and my wife had always wanted to visit Key West. When we arrived I didn't realize the storied history of the hotel and thought it to be less than what I anticiapted based on our experiences when traveling abroad.

After learning more about the history of the location I have a better understanding of the room sizes and amenities at the resort. The hotel staff was outstanding and the service was excellent.

I met the director of operations Mark Gray on the first day at the pool. We struck up a converation and I told Mark we were staying celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. Mark went out of his way to make dinner reservations for my wife and I at several local restaurants including "Michaels" and "Louie's Back Yard". Mark also took the time to write down many local points of interest for my wife and I to visit during our stay. I would highly recommend the "Half Shell" at the marina for a true taste of Key West. I would also recommend A&B Lobster House and the Conch Republic as well.

The Casa Marina is within walking distance from Duval Street and all of the great restaurants and points of interest. The hotel has an excellent work out facility, the pool bar and restaurant offer great service and good food and drink.

Overall our experience was outstanding and would recommend the Casa Marina to anyone wanting a true Key West experience.