We chose this resort as this was our last stop on a holiday seeing three different parts of the States and wanted a sunshine finish. We are near the end of our stay & we haven't been disappointed.
I agree with the general consensus that the hotel is lovely and the grounds, beach etc are extremely well kept.
Our check in was fine and the young gentleman at the desk could not have been more helpful.
We have an ocean view balcony room and its fine, well, hotel rooms could always be larger - but that's price dependant. The room is well equipped, it has a fridge, and a coffee machine. There was party on the beach directly below our room one night and the sound proofing as great - couldn't hear a thing.
There's a good fitness room, it is very airy, and generally well equipped. My wife would like some scales in there please.
The pools are really nice, but could be a bit warmer at times!
The reason I didn't give this hotel an excellent score is the coffee machine is rubbish, it produces cold coffee very noisily. Actually the air conditioning and bed are very noisy too!
From a business perspective I was also very surprised to witness/overhear an altercation between two staff members right by the pool in front of guests. Clearly one member of staff was unhappy with an others performance but I would suggest to him in future he asks to speak to his colleague in private - this would have been much more professional.
Overall though this is a really nice hotel and we are having a lovely time - hopefully my comments will be seen as constructive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West