We stayed for 5 nights at the Casa Marina. We had a lovely room with a balcony looking over the beach and the pool area. The room was lovely and was nice decorated with very comfortable beds. The free safe, dressing gowns, fridge and nespresso maker were all nice touches. The beach and pools were lovely although the pools were a little busy as it was still the school holidays. As part of our booking through Virgin the $25 resort fee was paid for in our package but as were out and about exploring most days we didn't get the benefit of this. We did get an enormous ice lolly one day while lying on the beach and a frozen flannel another day which was wonderful to counter act the heat of the day. There was plenty of free parking in the street alongside the hotel so we didn't need to pay for valet or the hotel car park. We hardly touched the car as all the sights were walkable. We didn't eat at the hotel but walked to Duval Street and surrounds for a huge range of restaurants. It was about a 25 min walk to get to the busier parts of Duval Street which was great for working up an appetite.
It was definitely cheaper to eat and drink elsewhere. However there was a little shop on site that sold coffee and muffins and pretzels and crisps for if you just wanted a little snack.
A more expensive place to stay but I think with the rooms with the views, the private beach, private pier and pools, you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West