WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Key West
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Beautiful resort with two pools, water activities (e.g. jet skis), outdoor games such as volleyball, corn hole, good service and beautiful coast. Also, bikes can be rented at Barefoot Billy's which is great for cruising around Key West. We were here for our wedding and the families stayed down at The Reach, which is nice as well and a 5 minute walk from Casa Marina. The food was just ok and the reason for 4/5.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,341)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The front desk was helpful and seemed sincerely wanting to help guests. The room was small but adequate. The TV was too small for being as far away from the bed as it was. Coffee maker also didn't work in my room or was too difficult to figure out. Banquets staff was on point all day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

When we walked into the lobby I have to say that I was a little disapointed. As Hilton Gold/Elite members, I love to be wowed by a wonderful lobby to begin our vacation. It is beautiful but less than I expected by the price that we had to pay for the rooms. The rooms are spacious and updated. We had a pool and ocean view and it was lovely but....as my header indicates, timing is everything I think. The ocean water was very murky and rather gross...smelled even. As most people know, Key West is not known for great beaches but this is why I stayed here for one of the few beaches in Key West. I would not go in the water and hope it was just a storm that stirred everything up!. I have been to Key West many times and the water is usually so carribean looking that you would think that is where you are but NOT this time! Yuck. So, more about the hotel... There were two weddings that woke me with loud yelling outside at the pool. It is a walk to Duval Street that is NOT lit well if you are walking home after dark. My daughter and I were scared to death walking in pitch darkness on some of the side streets. We came back to the hotel to have to walk through a wedding to get to our room. These are just situations you don't expect at this type of resort. The staff was very helpful and nice. Would I stay here again? Maybe...the water would have to be clean enough to swim in....as many other hotels closer to Duval Street seem to be calling my name now.

Room Tip: For sure get ocean view if you can
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Loveagoodmeal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is my second review of the Casa Marina, and I'm sure not my last. As usual the place was beautiful with one of the best beach fronts in Key West!

This year we stayed in a room that was a combination of oceanfront and pool front, and although it was not our first choice but we will definitely want that room the next trip. We were ground floor and could walk directly to the pool or tiki bar from our room.

And I want to give BIG KUDOS to Casa Marina for having amenities that guest expect to use and get to use - I am finding that too many properties (many of them Hiltons) have pool bars, lobby bars, tiki bars and pools that open too late, if at all, and are poorly staffed.You can't justify a blanket resort fee and not have these basic amenities available. I LOVE CASA MARINA BECAUSE THIS PLACE IS LUXURIOUS AND STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

The only suggestion I have is that we came down this time for a very special occasion and tried to reach out to the concierge for help but received very little but the name of a former employee who was a concierge there (who was fabulous) - that's weak for a property like this.

But all in all so looking forward to the next time!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms between 1200 and 1210 are fantastic and offer the views and setting I described
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve T, Manager at Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear anastassia27,

Kudos to you for your good taste! We can't wait to see you again! I would be happy to help you with your next stay. Please contact me at steven.tresh@waldorfastoria.com for any assistance you may need. I look forward to helping you.

Steven Tresh
Atlantic City, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at the Casa Marina for the first time this past weekend. The room I stayed in was quite small, however the rest of the hotel was so beautiful so I did not mind. John at the pool was so accommodating and just a pleasure to be around. All in all my stay was great. However, when I returned home it was a different story. I found that my credit card had been charged an extra night. No big deal I thought, I'll just call and have them remove the charge. When I called I spoke to a woman named Sherise (she was working the switchboard so she was not front desk staff) She was rude right from the start. I explained to her my problem and her response was there is nothing I can do to help. I asked her to connect me to someone that could and she told me I would have to call back tomorrow. I then asked if there was another number I could call or an email address as I am a teacher and cannot make phone calls from work. Her response was "don't give me attitude" and she hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak to a manager and she hung up on me a second time. I have never been treated so poorly by hotel staff. I am completely put off by this hotel and would not stay here again. I am completely surprised that Hilton would have someone with such a poor attitude work for their hotels. :(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KNP_11
Dear KNP_11,

Thank you for your candid review. We are glad you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and pleasing interaction with John at the pool. We will be sure to pass this on to him. We are very sorry you were not satisfied with your experience when calling about your bill. Along with all of our guest's reviews, your comments are part of our continuous training program for our staff. We appreciate your feedback.

Warm Regards,

Steven Tresh
Wayzata, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

After getting married at the resort in 1997, we "vowed" that it would always be our special place. We even named our 30' SeaRay the "Casa Marina"! We just visited again, celebrating our 15th anniversary there. The staff (from Kasha Nowak, the manager, her amazing staff to the bellmen) absolutely did EVERYTHING they could to make it special! We enjoyed a couples' massage on the beach, Mark arranged a delightful (and thrilling!) jet-ski tour of the island/scenery, they placed special chairs for us at the beach, they gave us an amazing room with a fantastic view of the ocean, we had a romantic dinner on the sand, and the list goes on and on. They helped plan it all. Go there. You will NEVER regret it. And we hope it becomes YOUR favorite place, as well. Cheers!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a bathtub room, if that is important to you. You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Palmerton, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

The first person I really chatted with was Graeham from Ireland, one of the Barefoot Billy staff. What a charming accent from a great guy. I could have talked with him all week long. He made us feel at home, like we were friends, and very welcome. Brandy, another Barefoot Billy staffer was fun and friendly and really great at remembering names. We missed Graeham (hope I'm spelling it correctly) when he was off for two days to celebrate his birthday. But, John and Patrick filled the void nicely. There wasn't a thing all these folks would not do to make us comfortable while enjoying the beautiful twin pools and the beach. Alex, and Eric were wonderful waiters. We enjoyed a meal at the fire pit. Manuel A. took the time to rescue some roses from one of many fabulous arrangements around the hotel and presented them to me. Charming man. Darrin the bartender was terrific! Absolutely loved him. He and Robin made quite the pair taking care of all of us around the bar. His recommendation for the fish taco was super! I had them twice during my stay. Delish! Oh, and the sweet potato fries were to die for. Darrin was great company and a perfect bartender. We were traveling with a friend who needed to heat a therapeutic heating pad. I asked the front desk staff if they could get him a microwave for his room. It was delivered in less than ten minutes. While enjoying ourselves by the firepit, the restaurant stafff was kind enough to microwave his heating pad. Everyone took great care of us!

Our room was beautiful. The cleaning staff kept it spotless. Never got any of their names, but kudos! Great job ladies! You can really make a wonderful bed and a super clean room.

If you stay here, take the time to really look at the photos around the resort. So much history in the place.

The beach is really nice. I enjoyed lazing around in the hammocks. The groundskeepers do a wonderful job of grooming the beach and the gardens surrounding the hotel. Really lovely.

I didn't attend any , but witnessed several weddings during our stay. Casa Marina does weddings really well.

Only three negatives: I really wish coffee was complementary all morning long. It was until 6:30 a.m. which is okay for early risers like me, but not so good for folks who like to sleep in a bit longer while on vacation in paradise. I wasn't keen on the in-room coffee maker. I would have loved to open our windows; they were painted shut. And, finally, the art on the hallway walls made us all feel like our vision was out of focus.

We enjoyed our stay very much. It's a lovely facility, but the people who work there really make it special. Thanks to you all!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple