We stayed at the Casa Marina resort for our 10th anniversary in July. The staff was wonderful. Everyone was friendly and accomodating. The beach at this hotel is not really much of a swimming beach. there are nice quality lounge chairs, umbrellas, palm trees and hammocks along the upper beach to enjoy the view of the ocean, but there is too much lower beach seaweed and rocks to really enjoy swimming. At this point, it is probably worth saying that none of the hotels really has an amazing swimming beach and that is typically not why people come to or enjoy Key West. The Reach and the Southernmost hotel is on the nicest beach near a hotel, but it is a public beach so you don't have to stay there to access them. In fact, guests of the casa marina can use the Reach Resort because it is a sister property. If you want a beach day while you are there, bike or drive to ft. zachary tailor park, which has the best beach on the island (hands down). we checked them all out and spent an afternoon at the ft.
There are two nice pools at the hotel with nice lounge chairs.
We didn't eat at the hotel so we can't comment on that.
we had a Flagler king ocean view room. this is in the original building and had wonderful character. the room was spacious and well appointed. the bathroom was REALLY small, though. I would never normally comment on the size of a bathroom as I am fine with almost any size, but this bathroom wouldn't even hold two people at the same time unless someone was in the shower. I don't think this should ever be a deal breaker, but something that is pertinent. The property has jet skis, catamarans, bicycles, etc. for rent. I HIGHLY recommend you rent a bike for your entire stay. this is pretty much how everyone gets around. you park them at the bike stand out front and then take off to visit the sites, which are ALL within easy biking distance. You never have to worry about paying to park or finding a spot. It's awesome! Regarding parking, like others have said, don't bother paying the self parking rate for the hotel as the street parking is plentiful and FREE. The money you save will help you pay for a bike! As far as restaurants are concerned - Southernmost cafe on the beach was by far our favorite for breakfast and lunch. The atmosphere and view could not be beat. you are basically sitting in a room without walls ON the beach. the breaze is always there, as well as the view. we actually ate here three times in 4 days. We also enjoyed Blue Heaven for dinner (make reservations if you can). We spent our anniversary at Lattitudes on Sunset key, which was AMAZING! You pick up the free boat shuttle from the Westin in Key west near Mallory Square and take a 5 minute boat ride to the island. the restaurant is just off the dock. when making a reservation, plan to overlap sunset and ask for an outdoor table "on the sand." This experience cannot be topped.
The location of this hotel is good. You do need to walk or bike to the action on Duval street, but it is short and a nice walk/ride. If you need to stumble home drunk to a hotel adjacent to Duval street, this may not be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West