“GREAT HOTEL AND SPECTACULAR ATMOSPHERE”

Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed May 28, 2014

i want to thank bridgette at the front office for her great customer service i was really impressed, i went with my boyfriend to spend 1 night and we had the best experince ever , also every member of the hotel made us feel at home at all times. the food is amazing and plus we found everything that we needed, if you're going to this hotel try to do the jet-ski's. they are amazing especially with the beautiful wate/views and the hotel has the facility for you to do that, i would definitely choose this hotel for my next visit to key west! i was very impressed.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room that doesn't face the pool for more privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcel P
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hi Daniel, thank you so much for your feedback. I truly appreciate your comments especially regarding Bridgette. I will definitely share with her. She will be very excited to hear from you. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,394)

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We checked in late afternoon with a very warm and pleasant check in with Bridgitte. We got up to our room and it was much larger than an ordinary room. Great amenities and great balcony. The view is great and location couldn't be better. Right near Duval and many restaurants. I was so surprised to actually find wonderful service wherever we went. From the servers at the pool bar to the front office staff.
Bathroom was large. Food was great! Drinks were also great! The guys at the Onsite jet ski rental company was also very nice.

The pool is quite small for this resort. Although they have nice furniture and great service it is definitely a little too small.
Additionally many rooms look down onto the pool and people check in to other buildings and then wheel their luggage through the pool area. We did this too as we did not notice the wooden walkway behind the pool to our building (not a major issue obviously)

All in all this is a great property with even better staff who are very knowledgeable and friendly!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for leaving a review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, balcony and food. It is great that you were able to use the jet ski rentals as well. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool area. I will definitely share with our team and will pass on your kind words to Bridgette as well. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We only spent one night at the Hyatt and our room and view were awesome. Service was great, (allowed us to check in early, offered us free drink tickets for the small wait etc) but I felt like I was in a Miami Hotel not a Key West hotel.

Pool was very small with limited seating but the property has lots of "nooks" you can seat and sunbath at. Our room looked over the pool and bar and was very noisy at night, Seemed to be a very young crowd at the hotel, lots of partying late at night.

For the money, (pretty expensive), there are allot of other properties on the island that I would consider before booking here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room not overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
KarrieFLKeys, Guest Communications at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you MizHaughty for taking the time to leave your review! I'm so glad the staff and service were exceptional, as we really pride ourselves on this. It's unfortunate the other guests were disturbing you, but we appreciate the feedback on ways we can improve our guests experiences in the future. We hope to earn the opportunity to serve you again on a future trip to Key West. Best wishes in your other travels!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was our second visit to the Hyatt in Key West! The location is perfect for walking to Mallory Square and Duvall Street and you are right on the water for a beautiful view. Our room faced the west in building 3 - we had a great view of the sunset. The hotel has three different buildings that surround the pool area - most have a water or a pool view. The staff here are great and usually will go out of their way to make your stay more comfortable!! It is pricey - but you are staying in the best location on key West!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you Tam1222 for your nice review! We are so pleased you were happy with the location and the beautiful views. Your kind words and compliments are very appreciated, and we are so glad to have had the opportunity to make your vacation perfect. We hope to be able to see you again in your future travels!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt for our Honeymoon. The check in process was a little slow but very thorough. There were only to representatives with a line of about 3-4 couples. They did offer complimentary champagne/wire for us when we did finally sit down. We had a king sized bed with an gulf/ocean view. Our room was very clean & neat when we arrived. Everything was very nice, the bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of closet/storage space. There was a little couch & chair and a flat screen TV. We had a little balcony overlooking the Gulf with a table and chair set. Our bathroom was spectacular. The shower head was amazing and I loved the tiled walls and glass half door. We stayed a little over a week and the housekeeping came everyday and did a wonderful job. They took notice to the thing we were using a lot i.e. - water. We always had two to four new bottles of water every time. The fan only had one setting - but the AC worked great. We did not utilized the pool but it did look clean and there were plenty of lounges/chairs. There was a pool side bar that had live music on some nights which was nice. The bar drinks were pretty steeply priced but good sized and great tasting. There were two different covered lounges that you could rent for the day or half day. We did not use them but they were very nice, one by the pool & one near the ocean. There was a little seating area with games and tables that seemed nice for families. They had a very nice & clean workout area that we did not use either. They concierge was very helpful when we had question and you would get your beach/pool towels there and sign them out and if you did not return them by 11pm they would charge you. We returned one the next day and they took the charge off for us. There were some lounge chairs on a beachy part of the resort that looked out at the ocean and just below that was a little "beach" area. VERY ROCKY, but beautiful and so secluded!! Hardly anyone was ever down there. There were lounge chairs and a dock with lounge chairs you can walk out to. We were like a block or two to Duval St & Mallory Sq. which was great! Very close to all the action! You can rent jetski's and all sorts of other water activities right from the ocean side or from inside the guest shop. We rented a go cart from HydroThunder (see my review of them!) and you could do that right from the parking lot of the hotel. I'm sure I'm leaving out something - oh yeah, they have a parrot, Odie and turtles too! So all in all our stay was amazing and it was a very nice hotel. They also have spa too - a bit too price for me though so we did not try that out either. AND they have Shor, their restaurant which had amazing breakfast!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a nice and detailed review! We appreciate all the nice comments, and the helpful feedback we can use to improve. Best wishes in your future travels, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Key West.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Booked this stay through Hotwire ,when I arrived the check in clerk ask for credit card she stated I had to put deposit I case I used room service and a resort fee,ok put a hold of 139.50 on my account. Ok I had already paid for room so I left 500 in account for spending just me right felt like that was enough for 1 day visit. The clerk and another man was speaking to each other in another language and seemed to be puzzled she swiped my credit card several times I kept asking what's wrong she would just smile talking to the man in their language . Finally she said I will just make you your keys go up to room it was very nice felt blessed. Ok relaxed got up next morning to check out Got receipt 28 dollars resort fee. Left to go shopping wrong. Hyatt put another hold of 300dollars on account and still had hold of 139.50 holding 439.50 for nothing being the weekend I had no money to shop barely had money to eat with... I am a every day poor country girl that delta has blessed me with some benefits. I missed plane because of having to return to hotel to try to straighten this out. So I had to sleep in airport waiting on next flight what a birthday present for a 55 year old woman thanks Hyatt in key west Florida never visit you again

Room Tip: Don't pay with bank card give them cash and if they cannot speak English ask for someone else o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
9  Thank Sarah C

Good day and thank you for taking the time to bring all of this to our attention. Let me begin by expressing how sorry we are that this happened during your stay with us. This feedback gives us an opportunity to share with future guests how certain types of transactions might be processed by their bank. I apologize for the type of communication used during your check-in. It is very important to us that you feel welcome, and will conduct retraining to ensure this is the case. We invite you to send additional questions and correspondence to qualitykeywest@hyatt.com so that we may assist you further in this matter. Your ultimate satisfaction is extremely important to us.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This Hyatt is a compact property located right on the water in a prime Key West location. The views are amazing, especially if you splurge on one of the top floor rooms in building one as I was lucky enough to do. We had prime views of the water from our tiny private balcony and glorious views of the sunset from just outside the door to our room.
The room was comfortable (great bed) if a bit cramped. We both slept well - the room was quiet, the air conditioning just loud enough to block out any noise from the bar next door, and the lighting was fantastic. We liked the dimmable lamps. The large spa like bathroom was great especially the big shower. Two complaints about the room - no towel racks for hanging the towels just two tiny hooks and the cable was terrible. But, you won't want to spend much time in your room in Key West.
If you are into lounging by the pool or enjoying the beach, this hotel may not be for you. The pool area is nice but small and the beach is tiny and crowded. The bar was nice, especially at night with the sea breezes blowing in and the bartender was very friendly and helpful.
The hotel has the standard gift shop and a restaurant with a nice veranda where we enjoyed a nice al fresco breakfast and watched the boats heading out. Prices however, are steep. Eggs Benedict is $15 and that included nothing else. Breakfast for two - two entrees, two juices and two coffees and a side of hash browns was $60, with the gratuity already added in.
My husband and I enjoyed the accessibility. It's an easy walk to everything from this hotel. Park your car and walk or rent a bike or scooter. One tip - once you park your car, don't move it. Parking here is at a premium - the lot is small and spaces are in demand so don't give up your spot.
Overall, this place was nice, a splurge for us, You pay for that view and location because the included amenities, in my opinion, do not justify the cost. I've stayed in other Hyatts and in other chains and gotten more bang for my buck. And Hyatt would do well to eliminate the resort fee - parking and two bottles of water should be included in the cost of a $500 a night room.

Room Tip: Higher floors in building one seemed like the best bet. We were in 1403. There are a lot of cheaper...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our location, view and guestrooms/bathrooms. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the towel rack and cable to our management team, along with your comments on breakfast. Thank you again and please consider the Hyatt Key West on your next visit to Key West.