“Great hotel!!”

Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Loved pretty much everything
Clean room, good size room
Location was great. Right on Duval street and the marina.
If you book any water activities with Fury and some other boats depart right there by a couple of blocks away.
Really great and friendly service by all staffs.
Especially at check in desk Vish was great!

Cons
Ipod dock only can connect old iphones. No lightning charger connection.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan P
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hi Ryan, thank you for your feedback! So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the comments on Vish and the Ipod docking station. I will be sure to share with our team. I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Key West.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,398)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've stayed at Hyatt hotels before for work conferences. However, this time it was on my hundreds! This is a pricey hotel. I don't mind paying for luxury as long as I get luxury. I think this was well worth the $614 a night for a King Standard partial ocean view. The room is very spacious, elegant, inviting, and has a cute balcony with a wonderful view of the water! Rooms are nice and quiet and the bedding is comfortable. The room had a settee and chair and lots of room for guests knick knacks, bags, lotions, etc. The bathroom was awesome with the super large shower with rainforest shower head, and regular shower head. Ambient lighting in the bathroom as well. Upon check in we were greeted with champagne and friendly welcomes from the staff.
There is a bar on the premise with happy hour specials with good food and great prices for beer and well drinks. Come on Hyatt, we are in the "tropics" open your wallet a bit and let frozen drinks be part of the happy hour discount. Nine dollars each time for frozen drink in a small plastic drink cup is a bit overpriced! The location of the hotel is great, they have on sight rentals for most water activities, great folks to assist with tours, etc. We rented an electric car for three hours ($96) to tour the city and it was fun and easy right from the Hyatt parking lot. Duval street is only about a block away, and Mallory Square is only about 3-5 blocks. Good restaurants nearby- Rum Barrel, Two Friends Patio, and Island Dog all very reasonably priced, music and good food! Only thing that bothered me was the $25 resort fee per night. Resort fee covers two bottles of water, internet access and parking. While it doesn't sound too bad $25, it's really the principal of the cost. You are already paying a high premium for the room rate, why advertise that you are charging your guests an extra $25 for these little things? If Hyatt was smart, they'd drop the resort charge and add the $25 to the room cost, just makes a person feel like they aren't being taken advantage of by being charged extra here and there. My husband complained about the "resort fee" and they waived it but the point is many people won't say anything and again it just doesn't feel good. Otherwise I loved the Hyatt and the location, and the rooms. Oh one other little thing, cable must have been local, granted we are on an island, but it was buzzing and a bit fuzzy on many of the limited channel selections. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again, as long as they "waive" the resort fee, but doubt they would do that again, since they made it clear it was a one time courtesy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank auditru2blue
KarrieFLKeys, Guest Communications at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your very detailed and well thought out review! We really appreciate all the wonderful compliments on the room, staff and amenities. Thank you also for your feedback on the areas where you felt we could improve the experience. We regularly review these suggestions, so really appreciate you taking the time to share. I wish you all the best in your travels, and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again on your next trip to Key West! --Karrie--

Reviewed April 15, 2014

December in the northeast can be cold and winter is just starting. We decided to go to Key West to warm up. We stayed at the Hyatt Key West Resort & Spa. Our room was one back from the ocean with ocean views. The room was large with a very large bath area. The pool area had a jacuzzi and pool with a great poolside bar. Put on your bathing suit, take a dip and enjoy a drink poolside. All the Key West attractions are within easy walking distance from this hotel. We will return!

Room Tip: Perchase a breakfast package with your room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi George, I am glad to hear you were able to get out of the cold northeast and enjoy warm Key West! Thank you for your feedback on your room, our location and the pool/pool bar. We will see you soon on your next trip to the Keys!

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Pros....
Great hotel for the following reasons... clean room, wonderful location, great spa services, views gorgeous, room service outstanding, hotel food 5 star, and friendly front desk. This is not a party hotel its a relaxing spot. Great place to relax, go on a honeymoon, or go exploring Key West.

Cons....
Great hotel five stars across the board. The only con that I can think of is the female daytime Concierge was rude and refused to assist me. I was asked repeatedly if I was a guest of the hotel. I felt judged that she did not feel I was a guest based on my appearance. I had to book my Spa services in my room because she made me feel so uncomfortable. This did NOT ruin my stay or experience but would have rated hotel even higher if it was not for her. All other service providers from front desk to spa were excellent. Workers were all 5 stars except for concierge.

Tip....
Ask for Cheryl at the Spa for a massage. She was wonderful! Spa services are private and the entire spa is yours.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank pennynickledime16
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms, location, restaurant and spa services. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the concierge and will pass on your comments to our management team. Please consider us again on your next trip to Key West.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I highly recommend the Hyatt Key West on Front St. The staff were wonderful, gave us a free upgrade to a full water view, and the room was spectacular. This is a quiet refuge close to Duval St and all the action while being tucked away on a beautiful point on Front St. The pool is very nice and overlooks the water and Sunset Key. The onsite restaurant has a full panoramic water view and offers excellent service, strong coffee, and great dishes. You can rent electric golf carts, bikes, etc. right on site. There is a decent fitness room next to the pool, making it easy to fit in your work out.The room prices are high but the location and amenities made it worth it. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you Hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TheOwensTeam

Dear Owens, thank you for the recommendation! We love to hear from our guests and your feedback regarding our staff, location, and restaurant made our day. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Key West!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel was very convenient with Duvall Street a couple blocks over, so everything was walkable. The rooms were nice with updated bathrooms and nice balconies. Everyone was very friendly as well. I came to this hotel with my sister and we thought it was nice but overpriced for what you get. You also pay a resort fee that includes your bottled water(2), parking and Internet. Since we didn't have a car, it was sort of a waste of money. The rooms were $600 plus the resort charge a night. Two of the five nights we were there, the hotel closed down the bar and restaurant for private parties. It was lucky to be so close to many outside bars and restaurants, but was inconvenient to not be able to buy a drink at the hotel after 5pm a few nights.

There were not many places to lounge out in the sun and no beach, however there was a small public beach called Simonton Beach next to the hotel. This beach had a small bar and restaurant. Food was good and reasonably priced. You could rent a chair and umbrella for $10 an additional chair for $10. We may return to Key West, but will most likely stay elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SwimMom98

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our guestrooms and convenient location. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding our resort fee and private parties with our team. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I decided we needed a break (we live in California, I work overseas) so we decided on a week in Key West. After reading numerous reviews (and I'm a Hilton Hhonors guy!) we decided on the Hyatt Key West. Good call!!! I called the night before we arrived and was advised that we had been upgraded. Good start! Champaign on arrival was nice as was the excellent front desk and bell staff! The room was nice with a decent view. My only real complaint (and it was dealt with immediately) was a miss communication with housekeeping. Great location, excellent staff, the usual garbage resort fees. All in all, I highly recommend this property! We'll be back!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Skyymann
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your week long break in Key West! We appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you soon!