“Great Location!”

Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were greeted at the front desk by Bridget who was very friendly and helpful. Our next stop was to the concierge who helped us with dinner reservations and answered questions for us. Our room was a courtyard king on the 2nd floor of building 2. It didn't have a great view but it was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was super comfy and the room was quiet. The location is perfect- just a few blocks from Duval street and Mallory Square- all the museums and shopping are easily accessible on foot.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Lodging is quite challenging in Key West if you are not in to the Bed and Breakfast scene which I am not a fan of...This hotel is quite expensive, but in a prime location and from what I discovered is one of the better properties.

We booked an ocean front room and when we arrived we did receive one, but on the 2nd floor which was noisy and had a view of the public area to the left which included several homeless people, something of which they have little control. We asked to move and they did accommodate our request for the remaining 3 nights. We were given what I would consider the best room on the property on the highest floor (3413) which is located in building 3.

We had a beautiful view of the sunset and boats traveling in and out of the harbor. Everything is within walking distance and a rental car is not needed. The beach area is limited, but enough to accommodate the guests since they only have 5 floors at this hotel.

I would definitely return if I had one of the higher floors!

Room Tip: Pay the extras money and get a deluxe ocean front room. Request the 4th or 5th floor!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The last time we stayed here it was wonderful. This time there were some kinks. Room location I think is everything when you stay at this hotel. We were told at check-in room would be a "handicap" room, but very very nice. Well, it was nice and it overlooked a parking lot and the small strip of beach where some homeless live. I called to see if I could get a different room and was told they would give me a single double bed and they were actually "Overbooked" so no others were available. The balcony was nice, and it was an ocean view - so I just tried not to look at the homeless sleeping along the fence, doing drugs and all the police activity that went on. The pool is lovely and the bartenders and servers were super nice. Towels always available and somewhere to sit in the sun. Maid service was terrible & spotty as they didn't clean our room one day at all! And the $20 resort fee is supposed to include 2 bottles of water -- so I didn't even get that on my missed service day. One day we slept in (11:30) the maid knocked and when I said we were still in the room for a little while, she said - well then call the front desk when you leave if you want service! I don't think I'll stay here again, there are too many other lovely places that we have stayed in KW,

Room Tip: Building 3 has view of the beach and ocean, as well as a parking lot and some undesireable activitie...
1  Thank ccjersey
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed two nights for our anniversary, the hotel exceed our expectation..nice room over looking the ocean , the location is awesome walking distance to some of the good restaurant and museums. The staff is very friendly and helpful, thanks to faye at the concierge for making reservations at latitudes and a&b restaurant and she even send some champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room she is such a sweetheart. The bar staff is great, the pool is smaller but we had a good time. We were definitely going back..

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been to the hotel several times and recently returned this weekend. In a few words--this hotel really gets it. I have noticed that the staff has really molded together quite nicely and unlike the past when they have been there for a short time and left you are actually seeing the same and ulta professional faces again. It is running like a perfectly oiled machine with excellent response to all issues. Even during a sold out time they arranged for a wonderful partial ocean room, were accomodating in all aspects and we thoroughly enjoyed our time. I think the hotel enjoys the best location on the island and as others have said is the perfect size. Small enough for that wonderful boutique feel but big enough to give you the amenties people expect.
I HIGHLY recommend the property.

Room Tip: Get building 3...offers the best view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

2nd time here. Beautiful upscale property at the best location in Old Town. (Didn't like our other location at a B&B next to the "southernmost buoy") You won't have free breakfast here or a blue mojito at the pool bar under $12 but you will get pampered by housekeeping, front desk staff and unlimited use of the incredibly comfortable hammocks scattered throughout.

Our room was a 3rd floor corner room with two views of the ocean.Big and the bed was comfy. It had two AC units as well. One was noisy so we didn't use it at night.

I can't say anything about use of concierge services ie jetski, fishing etc. They were out of our budget. We were very happy with the excursions we used offsite. See my other reviews for ways to get on the water on a budget.

My most useful tip for visiting Key West. RENT A BIKE ...you won't need one for hanging out in Old Town but if you want to see more....or if you stay on the Southern end.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

It is all about the type of room you have here. We had a room with two balconies that overlooked the pool and over the water. Many of the rooms appear to have no view or overlook a parking lot. You will want to be very specific about what you are getting. The rooms are quite large and modern with large bathrooms and Nepresso coffee machines. We had spa treatments at the Jala spa. The spa treatment rooms are the most beautiful I have seen. We had delicious fish tacos for lunch overlooking the water at Shor-absolutely delicious. The location cannot be beat. You are close to all of the attractions-just around the corner from the historic waterfront and within walking distance to Mallory Square, Hemingway House, Duval Street and Little White House (The only perplexing part of the hotel is the lobby and entrance-nothing special. Just reminds me of a concrete condo complex).

1  Thank haydenny