Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa
$266
$233
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Hibiscus Motel(Key West)(Great Value!)
$306
$279
BestWestern.com
Great 4.5/5
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
$430
$329
$219
Hotels.com
$285
$270
$221
  • Restaurant
Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
$252
Doubletree.com
$398
$354
  • Pool
Eden House(Key West)(Great Value!)
$290
$261
2,483 results
All reviewsshor restaurantblue mojitopartial gulf viewturtle pondduval streetglass of champagnekey west resortfront streetrain showersmall beachjet skiresort feegulf of mexicoself parkingwater activitiespool arealounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 15, 2007

Most of the hotel renovations are complete. Rooms are nicely appointed, bathrooms are a 10. Pool area, new bar...place looks sharp. Excellent location, 5 minute walk to Duval and Mallory Sq.. I've stayed here before when the renovations were going on(much to my surprise). Hotel has serious service issues from bellman, check in, housekeeping, room service, cafe people etc. The issues were raised with the front office and only your experience will tell if they took root. You must ask for turndown, and ask if you want the sheets changed daily. Coffee in room is gone and replaced with complimentary coffee in the cafe for Gold Passport members(it's free to sign up). Hyatt runs many promotions, Sunshine on Sale, 4th night free, free breakfast etc so it really depends on what you pay for what you will feel this hotel is worth. My opinion is under $300 OK, over $300 and you may feel cheated in what the hotel can deliver. Santiago Bodega and Blue Heaven in a hardscrabble neighboorhood about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. Santiago is a charming Tapa style restaurant-excellent. Blue Heaven(breakfast starts at 8am) is a fun place with excellent food and service and serves BLD. Didn't get to the RoofTop Cafe although looked very inviting-the 2 tacos and tequila for $7 at the Island Dog won out for the last night. Danger Charter has a Wind and Wine sunset cruise $65 that is first class. Small crowd on board, personal service and an excellent selection of red/white wines/beers/soft drinks and California champagne. Meats, crackers, cheeses, crudites round out the spread for your enjoyment with lite music playing as the sun went down.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Jackman1
Reviewed September 26, 2007

Two weeks after confirming a stay at the Key West Hyatt, I called to find out if I could upgrade my last two nights of a four-night stay to a Deluxe Room. I had looked on the web site, and it showed the Deluxe as being available for those two nights. I was told that the web site was inaccurate; no problem -- those things happen. But within minutes, I received an e-mail saying that I had been downgraded to a room with less of a view than the one that I had received confirmation for. I have e-mailed and called repeatedly to find out how this could happen, and was told once that the problem had been resolved, only to get another e-mail the next day saying that I couldn't get the view I was originally booked for.

Whether my stay there is good or not, I'll have to comment on later. However, I'm disturbed that a confirmation apparently means nothing, and that Hyatt has done NOTHING to explain how this could happen or do anything to try to make the situation better. Unfortunately, by the time we received word that our accommodations had changed, it was too late to look for another hotel.

This isn't what I expect from Hyatt.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank mdc12760
Reviewed September 22, 2007

We spent 4 nights at the Hyatt and really enjoyed our stay. Having been to Key West before, we knew that there wasnt really a high end, 5 star hotel, and that this was supposed to be close to it. We've stayed at different, smaller hotels and havent been impressed with the service of the staff, pool and overall sense of a resort. The Hyatt was a tremendous improvement.

The hotel just finished a huge renovation and it shows. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable - great beds, lots of pillows, super clean bathrooms. Almost all of the hotel rooms have a partial ocean view, so dont pay extra.

The pool is small and only 3 feet deep and there arent enough pool chairs (although the chairs they have are very comfortable and posh). There is also a hot tub. The pool bar is nice and they have servers that bring your mojitos to you. Unlike almost all of the other resorts on the island, the Hyatt has a very nice, small beach area - including a swimming pier that you can lay out on. If you want a hotel that allows you to be near the beach, this is the one to stay at - not many hotels offer a beach area.

Hyatt staff here were super friendly and accomodating. We only had breakfast at the resort and it was good, nothing special, but adequate.

Overall we would recommend it and we will stay here again. This resort is close enough to the sunset pier and duvall street but far enough away that you dont get the riff-raff. Very comfortable resort, high end renovation, great place to relax!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 30yearoldtraveler
Reviewed September 17, 2007

Went to Key West for the Harley Davidson poker run and being on Duval Street the Hyatt sounded like a perfect choice. If location is what you are looking for,this hotel is your best bet. We had the ocean view room which had a beautiful ocean view, the room was clean and nicely decorated in a very simple way. We also had a large balcony which we couldn't use due to construction on the roof causing the balcony to get extremely dusty. They don't have a spa or a gift shop or a business center or after hours room service or a mini bar. The restaurant is still under construction. Also be aware that most maids don't speak english and at least one of them seemed to think it was ok to walk in without knoching and start cleaning even if you are NAKED!!!!! Also have breakfast somewhere in Duval, it will be cheaper and better!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LUCD
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Had a lovely time here last December. Unfortunately the swimming pool did not get sufficient sunshine we thought so sometimes the water was a little cool. The rooms were lovely with super decor. We found the staff very helpful and friendly. We would stay there again.

Jenny & Roland Cox