After staying at the Double Tree in Naples we were looking forward to our two nights at Key West. Lovely foyer and check in not a problem, upon getting to our room the mini-bar cupboard lock was broken and when I looked inside food was open and strewn across the draws. Also this room was located close to the laundry or staff areas and even walking to the room we had to pass numerous cleaning trolleys and bags of linen (at after 3.00pm). We went back to reception and complained, they gave us another room.
The hotel is great for families, the pool area was lovely and also the fact you could eat outside the restaurant on the terrace overlooking the pool was very enjoyable. The Buffett breakfast was reasonable. They provided free shuttle into Key West and complimentary drink vouchers for a bar on the water in Key West. Wonderful service from the driver.
Really enjoyed the fact that they gave you access to their beach club. The shuttle bus took you down to the beach (More like a lake) and complimentary deck chairs, umbrellas and towels were provided. Really lovely touch and we enjoyed it. Concerciege service was exceptional as well, they recommended restaurants and also boat cruises, depending on budgets and time frames.
Also enjoyed the complimentary cookies again on arrival. This would be a great hotel for families or people who dont mind staying in a hotel with a lot of kids, that run through the hotel and make a lot of noise around the pool. Housekeeping staff quite rude and would not move out of your way in hallways and constantly over the two days the housekeeping trolleys and laundry trolleys were in the hotel.
Would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort