“Not Close from Downtown; Awesome w. Car”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Not Close from Downtown; Awesome w. Car”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

If you have a vehicle with your family, this place is a gem in Key West. I didn't use a shuttle but with a car, it's minutes away from the Key West attractions.
Pricing was good and the rooms are clean. Love the cookie gimmick they have. :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We checked in the resort and we were put in a handicapped room, however we did not notice until the next morning when we went to take showers. The next day we asked that they'll exchange the room for a non handicapped room and after being interrogated they found us a room. A day or so later we were at the bar and I ordered a cognac which was given to me in a plastic cup. I told the bartender that I do not drink cognac out of a plastic cup and I gave him back the drink. He was very rude and not customer service oriented. When we checked out the service desk person told me that I had an outstanding bar bill and I told her that I had paid for all my drinks with my credit card. When I asked her for the receipt from the bar, she looked for it and was unable to find it, she did look twice but still no bill. So she cancelled the charge for the reason that there was no actual charge. I was very disappointed that the service manager would try to falsely slip a charge in my name hoping that I do not notice.

Green Features: The hotel don't walk the talk. They have all kinds of signs around but none enforced.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WeCareInKeyWest, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident caused you. We strive to provide the highest quality service to each of our guests and we regret having dropped the ball with this charge. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and for allowing us to make it right. We hope you will give us another chance to provide quality hospitality should you return to our area in the future.
Guilford, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a little out of the way, but has a great pool and a free shuttle. We used the shuttle our first night and decided to drive and pay to park the second night. The shuttle was fine, but we line to be on our own time schedule. The rooms were clean and we had a perfect location on the top floor overlooking the pool from our balcony. For the price (high by most standards, but very reasonable here) it was definitely a good visit. We would do it again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank YotaPwr
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I arrived with 2 children and got a room overlooking the pool. Balcony is tiny and room need some TLC. When looking over the pool I noticed while there were limited cabanas and some sun beds in the shade - there are so many sunbeds without any shade at all. I asked if we could hire a parasol and was told that there were none available! It's 96 degrees but majority of sun beds have no parasols which is a nightmare for young kids. When I tried to speak to the staff and mentioned that I came from
England so was especially looking forward to spending time at the pool - he implied that I had asked for special privileges because I was English!!! Very unhelpful and rude!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Lil555
WeCareInKeyWest, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies if a member of our staff was rude or appeared rude to you. There is no excuse for rudeness. We take every review we receive very seriously, and your comment will be addressed at our staff meeting.

We do not have umbrellas at the pool, but we do have some natural shade, which shifts with the time of day and position of the sun. Currently, 25 or more of our lounge chairs are in the shade, and it is 10:45 am.
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed for two nights, August 4th & 5th, tried to extend the stay, but the hotel was sold out. Breakfast was great, the pool is fantastic, our room had a balcony with a ceiling fan that overlooked the pool, which was nice. We wanted to do the trolley ride around the city and snorkel, and the concierge was a wonderful help. We wound up doing a sunset snorkel trip which was beautiful. A nice benefit is the shuttle service to town so you're never stuck trying to drive somewhere (unless you want to). I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have balconies, I would check and make sure you're getting one before accepting th...
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel looks great, the pool is awesome and the service is excellent, Mark checked us in and great guy.
The shuttle service to Duval street and back is a good incentive to be here, you donts have to drive.

Room Tip: Pool view - 330-340
Green Features: Green practices Energy-efficient lightbulbs Recycles Tracks energy use Landscaping designed to minimize flooding
1 Thank Roe2010
Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel appears a bit artificial with no life after 11pm, and we contacted afterwards the hotel regarding a potential lost item, I gave 5 calls, but they never called back.
Fine shuttle service, but they overcharge for parking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CondorCaruso
Sorry that you were disappointed in the night life at the Key West DoubleTree. Most guests seeking nightlife go to Duval Street and that's why we provide complimentary shuttle service to and from it. Regarding your potential lost item, we do have a lost and found process in place. Please email Don.Ridley@Hilton.com for help.