My wife and me stayed here in July 2008 for four nights. We chose this Hotel because it was one of the cheaper choices and it had pretty good feedback. And it also looked nice on pics.
All in all we were very happy. Let's start with the room. It had a good size...not that big though. But ok...
The bed was alright, not too great. But the room and the whole Hotel was very clean. There was a quite big and very cold fridge in the room and a comfy TV-Chair. The TV itself was small and very oldschool. But you're not coming to Key West to watch TV anyway...
The bathroom was quite small, funny painted but clean. The room had very big windows, so a very bright room (We stayed on the fourth floor).
The pool area looked nice. It was pretty much empty all the time. Maybe because they don't have any umrellas!
There were a few Cabanas you can stay in, if you need some shade. The pool was nice, but on the first day the water was filled very low, not too great that day.
We didn't really stay in the Pool Area anyway. Firstly because we didn't come for that anyway and secondly the pool Area didn't make us feel like laying around.
If you wanna enjoy the Beach, Smathers Beach is very close. But the time we went it was very smelly there....and quite brown water. The beach itself was clean with nice white sand. Just for getting some sun it was nice....but not to go swim in the Ocean.
The staff in the Hotel was very friendly. Check-In was fast. They have also nice people working at the Pool area and friendly drivers (from the Shuttle).
If you come by car like us, you can park your car very close to the Entrance, good if you have lots of luggage. If you're lucky, you might not get charged the usual 10$ parking fee (a day).
The hotel provides a free shuttle to Smathers Beach and to Downtown. The last one to go back to the Hotel leaves at 11.20pm. So be there on time, if not you'll have to take a cab.
This service was a very big plus!!
Altogether we were very happy with our choice. Just the Pool area wasn't really great, and swimming in the Ocean not really an option too. But we enjoyed Key West very much. If we come back here, we would probably stay here again.
Wanna know more about my trips?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort