DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great friendly check in bonus was warm cookies great room. clean. Breakfast was great every day with a great varity staff was great. Transportaion was a real bonus. Tips and recommendations were terrific would stay there again and again.

Room Tip: High floor with balcony overlooking pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation last week coming from Fort Myers to Key West for the second year in a row. Both times, we enjoyed staying at the Doubletree for three nights. From the moment we walked in to the time we left, we had a wonderful experience! It was nice to be greeted with the warm and wonderful chocolate chip cookies! Then we walked into our lovely room, which was very clean and overlooked the pool as I had requested. Also, the bed was very comfortable. The pool area is a little bit of paradise - very large and inviting! Two days in a row, we ate lunch at the restaurant in the hotel and it was very tasty and the service was excellent! You can't help but love the convenience of the free shuttle service to Duval Street every hour - a definite plus! We are already talking about coming back again next year!

(The only con I can think of was that the air conditioning unit was somewhat loud when it came on and I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked to, but I can't take points off for this since my husband slept through it fine.)

Room Tip: Always ask for a room overlooking the pool area!
1  Thank wyzgirl514
Reviewed October 21, 2013

entire staff was great! Friendly and helpful from check in to check out, bell hops to breakfast and bar staff - all were supper nice and always had smiles! Billy "the Greek" bartender was superb and gave us a few great dinner suggestions where the locals go to eat. Pool was very nice as were the balcony king room we had. Staff really went all out to make you happy.

1  Thank William A C
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel provides a serene environment, nice pool and fitness centre. if you are sensitive to noise don't stay on the 4th floor seems the HVAC systems on the roof. they provide complimentary transportation if you are willing to wait though

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were greeted with warm cookies every time we came into the hotel. Bob, one of the drivers, made our trips into town enjoyable and fun. He asked questions and gave out cookies for the answers. He made the stay very nice.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed at The Grand Key Resort 4 times and everytime it gets better. Everytime you are welcomed with a cookie and a smile. James, Bob, Philip, Debbie, Penny, Bill and all of the staff do whatever they can to make your stay the best it can possibly be. I have and always will stay at this Hotel. It is on the other end of Key West, but the Hotel does offer a free shuttle service on the top of every hour until 11pm. Also they will pick you up and drop you off at the airport and other planned events like fishing charters and sunset cruises. I can not say enough for this hotel. Also on my last stay I found out by accident that the Hotel serves Prime Rib on Friday nights only. Now being next to the ocean why would you want Prime Rib? Well for me it was the best Prime Rib I ever had in my life. Great Hotel Great service..Sorry Excellent service. I recommend staying here. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Was very impressed with the prompt hotel shuttle pickup from the airport. Upon arrival at the hotel was greeted by a very friendly staff along with noticeable modern decor, clean, and impressive lobby. The room was very comfortable and clean with a great view of the adjoining property and ocean with amazing morning sunrise from the sliding glass doors. The pool area accomodations were excellent, with plenty of lounge chairs for guest to enjoy the sun and pool. All in all, I was very satisified with the shuttle down town and to and from the airport, with very much thanks to Alex, Bob, Robert, and Phillip they did a wonderful job making one feel welcomed with their great attitudes and friendly faces. They were very helpful with directions and other information on how to find your destination in the downtown and surrounding area. Breakfast buffet was good with good service from the staff, twice I tried dinner and was some what disappointed with warm soup not hot, and onion rings that had a unusual aroma, however the other items ordered was of good quality. Next year I will be looking forward to a return visit and another great stay at the hotel will highly recommend the Doubletree Resort to my family and friends.

Room Tip: My fourth floor room was comfortable with a good view.