I was planning to spend a couple of days in Key West and I found it very difficult to find a good hotel with a good price in the city. When I decided to stay in Double Tree I wasn´t expecting to find such a great place to spend these days. The receptionists were lovely and cookies were a great way to say welcome (however, I didn´t like it very much lol). The lobby has a very nice seaside decor and the bellmen are ready to help you with your luggage if you want to (most guests take their luggage by their own and they borrow the luggage cart). The rooms are extremely clean, the beds are big and confortable, the furniture are new. We didn´t get a view, but it didn´t matter. The bathroom is big and the shower great. For a good price (13 dollars) you get a very good breakfast buffet. It´s not very assorted, but has all you need: croissants, bagels, eggs, ham, sausage, waffles, bacon, fruits, iogurt, cereal, milk, coffee and juice. Thumbs up for Kristina, the best waitress in the restaurant! The pool is also nice, a lot of chairs, towels, showers. But the water smells a little funny, I guess it was too much chlorine. Don´t try the drinks in the coktail bar: expensive and lousy drinks. We didn´t eat at the restaurant but they do have lunch menus at a good price. The negative point was the paying parking lot (10 usd per day). It was huge and the hotel it´s not near the main points in the city, so it could be courtesy. But we did get free wifi. By the way, the shuttle to Duval is excelent. In 10 minutes it will get you near the main street. Leave a tip, if you like! The last shuttle leaves at 11:25 pm in the end of Duval Street, in front of the Butterfly Conservatory. The closest beach to the hotel is Smarthers Beach. 3 minutes away by car (free parking). Nice beach! I definitly would come back to DoubleTree, wich has a great cost considering all the benefits and confort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort