“Staff not polite or accomodating”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I usually prefer to stay at a Hilton due to mainly the customer service. I am sorry I can not say the same of this location... unfortunately I will no longer stay at a HIlton due to the experience at this hotel. Upon checkin, I guess I was invisible, because the clerk took 2 people that had walked up after me as if I was not standing there. Her co-worker acknowledge it and apologized on her behalf. I was advised of ocean view or pool view on the sight I booked on which there is no ocean view I was advised by the clerk. He said he would do the best he can to accomodate me. I get to room its a view of a parking lot. I immediately went back to checkin, again the same clerk who ignored me the first time, did it again. She took a woman who just walked up, as I had not been standing there for ten minutes while she worked with her previous customer. I again just shook it and requested a pool view. She advised me had nothing more available , that she had just given out last pool view. I asked why previous rep would not have given me a pool view if it had not been available than, she blew that off by saying it was not available than although she had just said her previous customer got the last room. SHE ALSO ADVISED ME THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE BOOKED ONLINE I SHOULD HAVE BOOKED DIRECTLY THROUGH THE HOTEL AND THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN ME CORRECT INFORMATION!!!! BUT AGAIN THERE WAS NOT OTHER ROOM TO OFFER ME...AS I AM LEAVING I HEAR HER TELL THE NEXT CUSTOMER WE DO NOT HAVE YOUR REQUESTED ROOM SO I WILL HAVE TO UPGRADE YOU TO A SUITE... SO MUCH FOR THE HILTON, I HAVE TO ASSUME AFTER BEING IGNORED BY THE SAME CLERK TWICE IN A ROW, AND THEAN BEING TOLD BASICALLY IT WAS MY PROBLEM BECAUSE I DID NOT BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE HOTEL, BUT THE WOMAN AFTER ME GETS AN UPGRADE... I MUST ASSUME MY SKIN WAS THE WRONG COLOR FOR ANYONE AT THIS RESORT TO CARE... IN ALL FAIRNESS I HAVE STAYED AT MANY HILTONS IN THE PAST AND NEVER FELT LIKE I WAS TREATED SO POORLY BUT DUE TO THIS ONCE EXPERIENCE I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 13FLORIDATRAVEL
WeCareInKeyWest, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

This is not the way we treat our guests. Please call the hotel directly at 305-293-1818 and ask for Don.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,810)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I recommend this hotel for all the great services they offer, location is excellent, food is great, fitness center available, every time I got to Key West this is the hotel I have chosen for the las 4 years, the cookies are excellent

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jorge C
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went to Key West for a long girls weekend. I stayed at the Doubletree to be away from the noise of Duval. The staff was kind and friendly. I was pleased with shuttle service to and from Duval Street. I was pleased with shuttle service to and from the airport. The Tiki Bat the hotel was a blast. The pool is huge and relaxing. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Key West!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We just finished another great visit to the Doubletree in Key West. We had a wonderful time, enjoying the pool, the outdoor bar and the breakfast buffet. The staff is so friendly. The service is the best, especially in the dining room for the breakfast buffet. We look forward to another visit there in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eileen__47__67
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Doubletree in Key West was overall a nice experience. The hotel shuttle will transport you from the airport to the hotel. The shuttle will also transport you to the Tourist hot spot which is "Duva"l Street. This is a bonus, since parking is such a hassle. The beach is a mile away and is easy to reach by taxi. In comparison to other hotels rates, this hotel was cheaper and I would with out a doubt would stay there again. The room was very nice and comfortable. Don't forget to try the Key West Key Lime Pie ( there is a number of places on Duval Street) it is worth the trip!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had to wait over two hours for them to get our room ready. We had a balcony room that over looked a construction area and both me and my wife got wicked food poisoning at the hotel restaurant. The worst hotel I have ever stayed at, I wouldn't go back if they payed me.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Old_Porsche_Guy
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hotel would do great with a new GM. The majority of the staff does a great job especially the food staff. Overall the hotel is in a good location and I would say that the hotel is in good shape and if not for the GM's lack of professionalism the trip would have been good. My rating is off due to this issue but overall this is one of the better hotels in Key West.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family