I usually prefer to stay at a Hilton due to mainly the customer service. I am sorry I can not say the same of this location... unfortunately I will no longer stay at a HIlton due to the experience at this hotel. Upon checkin, I guess I was invisible, because the clerk took 2 people that had walked up after me as if I was not standing there. Her co-worker acknowledge it and apologized on her behalf. I was advised of ocean view or pool view on the sight I booked on which there is no ocean view I was advised by the clerk. He said he would do the best he can to accomodate me. I get to room its a view of a parking lot. I immediately went back to checkin, again the same clerk who ignored me the first time, did it again. She took a woman who just walked up, as I had not been standing there for ten minutes while she worked with her previous customer. I again just shook it and requested a pool view. She advised me had nothing more available , that she had just given out last pool view. I asked why previous rep would not have given me a pool view if it had not been available than, she blew that off by saying it was not available than although she had just said her previous customer got the last room. SHE ALSO ADVISED ME THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE BOOKED ONLINE I SHOULD HAVE BOOKED DIRECTLY THROUGH THE HOTEL AND THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN ME CORRECT INFORMATION!!!! BUT AGAIN THERE WAS NOT OTHER ROOM TO OFFER ME...AS I AM LEAVING I HEAR HER TELL THE NEXT CUSTOMER WE DO NOT HAVE YOUR REQUESTED ROOM SO I WILL HAVE TO UPGRADE YOU TO A SUITE... SO MUCH FOR THE HILTON, I HAVE TO ASSUME AFTER BEING IGNORED BY THE SAME CLERK TWICE IN A ROW, AND THEAN BEING TOLD BASICALLY IT WAS MY PROBLEM BECAUSE I DID NOT BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE HOTEL, BUT THE WOMAN AFTER ME GETS AN UPGRADE... I MUST ASSUME MY SKIN WAS THE WRONG COLOR FOR ANYONE AT THIS RESORT TO CARE... IN ALL FAIRNESS I HAVE STAYED AT MANY HILTONS IN THE PAST AND NEVER FELT LIKE I WAS TREATED SO POORLY BUT DUE TO THIS ONCE EXPERIENCE I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort