DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Springdale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice trip!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at the DoubleTree in Key West in the middle of May, 2013, for a wedding. The wedding was on Smathers Beach, just a couple of miles from the hotel. We had a nice stay. The location relative to the airport is probably the best perk; it's just a short 5 minute, 1 mile shuttle ride. While Duval Street is a shuttle ride or a cab ride away, it is nice to be away from the majority of the hustle and bustle. We spent a good deal of time at the pool and enjoyed the atmosphere. There was a musician playing the steel drums over the weekend, and music playing softly the rest of the time. Billy the bartender near the pool was spectacular; he remembered the names of just about everyone, as well as what each person ordered.

Room Tip: Make sure get a room far away from housekeeping. We were woken up most mornings before 7:30 due to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Viareggio, Italy
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I spent with my wife 2 nights last November 2012 on the occasion of our honeymoon. The room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was amazing and I loved the bar by the pool where guests could order drinks and nice food. Great service with the shuttle which took us to the city centre and to the beach (free service). This is what you expect from Hilton!Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed May 21, 2013

First off, I wish to say that Ronda on reception totally rocks! She gave us such a warm welcome to this resort and nothing was too much trouble for her. She gave us insider information on where to hang with the locals and was always smiling. If you come to this resort look out for her, she's super!

If you don't want to be near Duval St/ Mallory Square, this is a great property. Rooms are on the smaller side and the maids could do with leaving more amenities when two or more people are sharing the room (we had one bottle of shampoo and conditioner to share between 3). However, we're not meant to be spending vast amounts of time in the room when there is so much to do in Key West, so the room size isn't a big deal. We overlooked the pool and had a balcony so everything was fine.

The free shuttle to the heart of the action is a welcome benefit as it means you can have a nice alcoholic drink when you're down there and not have to pay for a cab back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boynton Beach fl, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hotel full of Ants in rooms, Staff is terrible...seems they are doing you a Favor!! The only people seemed to care were the Waiters in Restaurant. Front Desk Personnel should be cleaning the rooms. Maybe then they would learn how to talk to Guest and Look at them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Robert K
WeCareInKeyWest, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We took corrective action through our internal Guest Satisfaction Program prior to the posting of this comment on Trip Advisor, but we apologize again for the inconvenience.
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel was very nice but the room had a strange smell to it. I liked the pool area it was very clean and updated. I was very upset with the restaurant on the property. My cousin had sent my husband and I a $50.00 voucher toward food at the doubletree for our honeymoon. When we were finished with breakfast I gave the voucher towards the $30.00 bill. When the waiter came back he told me sorry we can't give you cash back. I was so upset he told me no credit either. I don't understand this policy when my family paid cash for this gift certificate for us. I would like to hear back from management on this. This was handled very poorly. Not to mention two omelets and a mimosa cost 30.00. Unexceptable way of treating customers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This property is far from the crowd, but just an easy complementary shuttle ride away...the best of both worlds! Everyone on staff was great...especially Bob the shuttle driver with his entertaining Key West historical tales and chocolate chip cookie rewards!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 2012UWMom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just returned from my 2nd stay at this hotel. It is located on the opposite end of the island, which was great. The hotel offers a free shuttle that runs hourly to the two main spots in town. From that point, you are within walking distance to most main attractions on & off Duval.The drivers are very friendly & knowledgable. They give great advice & feedback on the best places to go. The rooms are super clean, (other than the recliners & pullout sleepers) and very comfy. The pool is gorgeous (a little cold if the sun isn't out). The restaurant is delicious, very quiet, convenient, yet slightly over priced. They do, however, give you very large portions. My suggestion would be to cut the price & portion in half. I hated that I had to waste 3/4 of my pasta dish. The bar is also very relaxing, convenient, but also a little over priced. $9 for a weak pina colada. They seem to close whenever they want, my last night there I walked up to get a drink, and although there was a bar full of people, we were told they were closed. I found it very rude, as I had planned on taking the drink back to the room anyway. Otherwise, the employees were helpful, friendly, and go out of their way to do what they can to make your stay great. Housekeeping was amazing...checked with us to see if we needed anything while passing in the hall since we had the "do not disturb" sign on the doo to sleep in. Downfall...we filled out the card on the door to order breakfast, which said it must be on the door by midnight. No one picked it up the first night (was on the door by 7pm), the second day they removed it, but no one ever delivered breakfast the next morning. All in all, great hotel. We plan on going back again.

• Stayed May 2013