We recommend the Grand Key Doubletree highly. The hotel and rooms are immaculately clean, the pool/bar and restaurant are beautiful and well-tended at all times, and I have never met a friendlier or more attentive staff. James at the desk saw to our every need (and kept us well-stocked with those incredible cookies) for our entire visit, and our favorite shuttle driver, Bob, was super-informative and very entertaining!
Key West is NOT a good or cheap place to drive around and park your car every day. While the Doubletree is on the very Eastern edge of the island where you first arrive from US1, the hotel goes above and beyond to transport guests to where the action is on a frequent basis. A shuttle leaving every hour and picking up in two spots downtown was both useful and convenient, and they always sent multiple backup vans to accommodate lots of riders at peak times. We also rented bicycles via the concierge at a very reasonable daily rate to get around on our own. We were told a cab is about $20 to get from the heart of Old Town to the hotel, but we never needed to hire one.
This was my first trip to KW and our first stay with the Grand Key Resort, and we are happy to say we have found our go-to hotel when visiting Key West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort