DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West
$335
$297
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
$242
$152
Hotels.com
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$923
$849
Priceline
3,860 results
All reviewsdouble treeshuttle servicewarm cookiesevery hourfree shuttleduval streetbreakfast buffetpool areaalways on timehotel shuttleclose to the airportsmathers beachthe hotel offersoutdoor barnice poolnice resortrental car
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at numerous Hilton properties both at home and abroad so I believe I have a good Hilton barometer. That being said, this Hilton is just "good". In order to try and condense this review and make it as informative as possible I will list pros & cons....

Pros:

-Located near the entrance of Key West from Overseas Highway, tucked away by itself near the Key West airport and local beaches.

-They provide timely, dependable, friendly shuttle service every hour on the hour to Duval St. all day long...you never have to drive to Duval St. or worry about parking!

-Rates are decent compared to some lower-end, less "nice" properties that have similar or more expensive rates.

-The front desk staff are extremely helpful, pay attention to detail, and hand out fresh baked cookies all day long.

-The cleaning/wait staff are very cordial and have great customer service skills...way to go!

Cons:

-This property is a little "dingy". And by "dingy" I mean some of the furniture has scuff marks, spots, some visible wear, fish tank was a bit cloudy, etc. The lobby area and main entrance was pretty small and simply not up to par with the Hilton standard I have come to know.

-This property is SUPER dog friendly. I hate dogs. Even more than hating dogs, I HATE people who bring their dogs on vacation! I woke up in the middle of the night my first night at the hotel because a dog was barking in the room below me. The dogs gotta go!

-The walls aren't thin but they also aren't thick. Best to sleep with the A/C on as this cancels out any noise that might come from neighboring rooms.

-The airport is right next door, so if airplane noise bothers you, this might bother you. It wasn't that bad, just could have done without airplane noise when sitting on the balcony.

-All of the rooms need to be inspected. A lot of little things were wrong, askew, tweeked, or dirty. For example...pictures crooked on the walls (no big deal but not up to Hilton standards), dirt in corners/crevices, mini fridge was all wobbly, paint was streaked on outlet covers...you could just tell the rooms haven't been inspected in a while and that maintenance cut some corners here and there...don't get me wrong...none of this was major and the room was "nice"...but like I said...this is not up to Hilton standards.

-The hotel breakfast was simply bad. My father is a diamond member so we got the breakfast for free and I STILL felt ripped off, lol! If I would have paid $15 for the breakfast, I would have asked for my money back.

-The hotel is about as far away from Duval St. as you can get in Key West. If you don't want to drive to Duval, if you don't want to take a shuttle, or if you would like to stay near Duval St., this is NOT the hotel for you.

I hope I have provided a fair/balanced review of the Double Tree Grand Key Resort. Put it this way...it has decent rates, it is in a decent location, with decent amenities, with great staff, etc. You will not hate this place by any means. But you will notice that little improvements can go a long way and this property has room for improvement. Cheers!

Room Tip: Top floor, facing the hotel entrance. Avoid a room on the pool deck (noise).
4  Thank CarsonRSX
WeCareInKeyWest, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

We understand that little things can add up to bigger things and appreciate that you brought your concerns to our attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise disruptions, cleanliness concerns and breakfast offerings. I also regret that our pet friendly policy wasn't ideal for you. We will keep all of your feedback in mind and review your comments with our team for future improvements. We hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you in sunny Florida.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

During X'mas 2012 we stayed at Doubletree Keywest FL.
First thing to appreciate is the staff. Very friendly and well mannered staff.
The hotel is located at a fairly nice location, and so accessible to all main areas of Keywest, old and new town.
The frequent shuttle to downtown Keywest is specially attractive .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel would be nice if it was close to old key west or a beach of some sort. If you do not have a car, you are subject to the shuttle and that is just not that convenient. They charge 10 dollars a day for parking.

If you can get the buffet breakfast included with your room rate for cheap (10 dollars or less), it is bearable. Otherwise, stay away.

The pool and area is nice. The rooms are spacious. The cookies are great.

This is more a conference hotel than a resort hotel.

If you want to be more centrally located, stay away.

You will hear the airplanes, since it is right by the airport.

The best rooms have a balcony and overlooks the pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and room facing the pool.
1  Thank benfreelee

It's so important that all of our guests have a great stay and feel comfortable. I regret to hear that the noise from surrounding planes prohibited you from having a more restful night's sleep. We're reviewing your comments with our team for additional resolutions and would love to hear any other suggestions you have that would make your next stay much more enjoyable. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll come back to see our changes.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

nice place, nice atmosphere, nice pool, and the SHUTTLE DOWNTOWN was very convenient. the room was nice, clean and updated. the staff was very friendly. the cookies were a nice treat. there was a big outdoor bar before you got to the quaint pool setting.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

the rooms are very small, and do not match the picture on the hilton web site, the rooms are very small even for two people..................................................................................................................................

Room Tip: I would tell people book the two room, the room with the balcony is very small and cramped, and do not have enough room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randall M
WeCareInKeyWest, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We appreciate that we had the opportunity to serve you and gather your feedback from your recent stay. We appreciate the suggestions for room size and will keep this in mind during future renovations. We'll also share your comments with our team regarding our website photos. We hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you and please feel free to email us with any additional comments you have.