With the exception of one minor issue our overall stay was a good experience. I was really looking forward to using the jetted tub in the room but it was out of service during our two day stay. I was disappointed but it wasn't a deal breaker for us. Upon checkout I was given a reasonable credit for the inconvenience and I didn't even have to ask for it! That is excellent customer service!!! This is just the type of courtesy that will keep us coming back in the future.
Our room was large and had a small refrigerator which came in handy. The bathroom had both a jetted tub and separate shower. We really appreciated having the sink outside of the bathroom. It made getting ready in the morning so much easier!
The king size bed was comfortable and the furniture was in good working order. The tile in the bathroom was dated and the grout was pretty discolored. It should be replaced at some point in the near future. It was clean and in good repair even though it has seen better days.
We had a large balcony with a table and chairs that overlooked the swimming pool. One evening we picked up take out and had our dinner out there. It was very relaxing.
The hotel is on the outskirts of Duval Street and all of the action that Key West is famous for, but the hotel provides shuttle service to and from the heart of town. We had a rental car so we did not take advantage of the shuttle, however, many of the other guests did. We have stayed on Duval Street in the past and we didn't feel like we were missing out on anything by staying farther away from the center of town. It was actually very relaxing to be removed from the hustle, bustle and just unwind.
Room service was efficient and the room was tidy. Noise was not an issue and we were able to sleep soundly.
My only recommendation to the hotel would be to spruce up the rooms a little bit more. Otherwise everything else about the Double Treel Hotel makes this is a good choice for a relaxing stay in Key West. We would certainly return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort