My wife and I just visited the hotel for a family wedding. Hotel had acceptable rooms and we were upgraded due to my diamond status with Hilton. The suite we were given was a little cramped due to the hotel stuffing it with so much furniture. If it was more than my wife and I, we would have had no room to move around at all.
The pool area was clean but the service was terrible. The waitress at the pool was lost any time the order grew past 4 drinks. She was extremely rude and nothing is her fault, either you confuse her or she just delivers the drinks she doesn't make them. So if you don't like it or it takes too long go talk to them.
After 2 days it actually became amusing. The 3rd day, the bar tender the first 2 days was the pool server and it was much better. Friendly, attentive and it actually seemed she cared.
The holel overall looked like it could use some updating but if your looking for a place to stay and go into town at night it will meet your needs.
They run a shuttle every hour to downtown (not every 30 minutes as their website says).
The hotel is not on the water, if your looking for that, look into either the courtyard or the westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort