“very nice and cute”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami
“very nice and cute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at this place only for one night and it was excellent. Nice bedrooms, parking available, breakfast included and a really good one...the people was super super nice...the only thing is that you need a car because is a little bit far from the town but its perfect because driving you pass by to very nice places and beaches.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DianaPrince70
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Czech first
Summit, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after staying at the Marriott Key Largo Resort. We were pleasantly surprised by the resort feel of this hotel. The pool is beautiful and has an awesome pool side Tiki Bar. They also have a on site scooter, bicycle, and electric car rental desk. If we stayed longer we would have rented either a scooter or an electric car as the parking near Duvall street is limited.

The front desk staff was great. They arraigned for our cabs to take us around key west. The cabs ran about 10 dollars. This is the way to go if you don't rent a scooter.

Our room was very nice. It had a wrap around balcony overlooking the pool and tiki bar. The morning breakfast was the same as you would expect from any other Marriott Fairfield or residence inn. Overall we were very happy and would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for room 255. Has the best private balcony and view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NJ_Bus_Trvlr
We are all very glad that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We are paying $200/night to be given a crammed room with with almost no space. Their is no sound insulation so we can hear everything going on outside. It's not Iike there is a view either. We are far from Duvall St so it's not close to that either. The bar doesnt serve real food, just nachos or hot dogs only. The staff is friendly but that's all the positive I can say! Will stick with what I know- done with Marriott. They would not budge on their rates. I'm sure we would have had to pay a premium in the keys no matter where we stayed but I would get more value. It's like being in a motel, yuck. The a/c is so loud it wakes us up every time it comes on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pamela j
I am very sorry to hear that you didn't feel you received a value. We certainly value your feedback. Thank you for your response.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and all but the first night was way too expensive for the location. Two of the nights were week-end nights and these were very expensive. Same room but different price because there is more traffic in the area on week-ends. The room was very small and so was the bathroom. No tub just a shower. I did appreciate the breakfast ended at 10:00 on week days and 11:00 on week-ends giving us extra sleep time. There is road construction right up to the property which makes for not very easy entrance or exit. This road construction is scheduled to go on for the next year. This also creates a huge problem if wanting to walk or bicycle in the area as sidewalks are abruptly closed and side of roadway is loose gravel and holes. Did not feel we had very much privacy because the window covering were shutters that did not close tight leaving a gap that any one passing by could easily see into room. There is a shuttle into town to the trolly station that was nice but the last shuttle left at 5:35pm. If you want to stay in town longer you will need to get back by taxi. We did drive into town a couple of days (not a pleasant experience as foot traffic, bicycles and scooters are everywhere) and parking is very difficult to find and very expensive.

Room Tip: Noise level would be a problem in any room.
Green Features: They do have recycling bins by the vending machines.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I am sorry if you didn't feel our hotel was a value. I certainly appreciate your input. Thank you!
Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have to start out and say that the room was very clean, the pool area was great, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. That said, the stay was far from ideal.My two biggest complaints were noise related. First: It's Florida, and the weather was nice, but hot so we put on the air conditioning. Each time it came on it sounded like there was an airplane taking off in our room. And I was surprised each time it came on by how loud it was. I'm not sure I can explain how loud it was. Second: we could hear any conversation being had outside our room, either at the pool area or from anyone walking by our door. The noise from the surrounding rooms was heard as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ciociak
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I am really sorry if the a/c was too loud for your comfort. The units are all brand new. I will certainly look into any possible issues. I am also sorry for any noise coming from your neighbors. Our walls are 8 inch thick poured concrete. Noise from the adjacent rooms is very unusual for our hotel. Again, if you were disturbed I truly apologize. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Ramat Gan, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Small room. Poor equipment (no microwave that one can find in every motel). Only one elevator (you need to wait or carry your bags in stairs). Very expensive for that (190$ per night).
Breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I am truly sorry if you didn't feel we provided you with a value. We do have microwaves and refrigerators in every room of our hotel. If it wasn't accessible enough for you I certainly apologize. Thank you for your feedback.
Wimauma, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was very pleased having rented at this hotel for 5 days, and 4 nights, even though in the midst of construction, they were more than ready to help their customer with any and all needs they required. I myself am handicapped, and the day of my arrival, the elevator was out, and due to my handicap, I was unable to do the stairs and without a hitch they changed my room to a much more feasible room for myself, and a friend who also was renting a separate room here. The actual hotel was extremely well kept, and even though it is offseason now, I was very happy with the overall upkeep of all the amenities here. The room was neat tidy and orderly, and the other parts were also extremely well kept. The most impressive thing was the manager and employees as they strove to please their customers in which I was very happy. They were always of a good nature, smiling, as well as dealing with tasks at hand with a pleasant attitude. I realize that not all customers treat them the same, and can be downright demanding and nasty when they feel they have or are owed the right by the hotel they are renting. I know as I was next to the registration area, I noticed several different times that they were tested but prevailed with the utmost courtesy. I had rented at the Disney venue earlier this year and I have to admit, I felt the standards here surpassed the rooms I had rented at the Disney parks. I hope that this helps you choose more wisely when deciding on a spot in the keys.
Although we were not on Duval street, we were only a few minutes away and approximately less than 2 miles from there. When I was deciding on where to stay, I had looked at numerous Bed and breakfast places in which on the web they showed a tremendous amount of room, in which when I saw them in person, this was far from the fact. The B&B's were extremely cramped into the areas down by Duval street, and of course I realized the homes were much older, but so were the facilities in which you would hope to be making your trip most comfortable. The value for the Price was great as it included morning breakfast in which they were very generous with their selections of available foods. The pool was an incredible feature as I had never been is such a huge pool and it was very clean.. Again, I am glad I made my choice here, as I really was quite pleased with my overall experience.. Thanks again Fairfield.. Kudos to you all!

Room Tip: review the site to request accordingly to your ability to handle things as stairs, and distances to...
Green Features: non smoking hotel facility overall was pleasant for all and for users proper disposals were handily placed to serve those who were users.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MargieBrn
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We are all genuinely glad that you enjoyed your visit! Thank you very much for taking the time to share that glowing review. I will certainly pass on your comments to our hard working team. Take Care!