“Wonderful staff, pool, brunch and concierge.”

The Inn at Key West
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful staff, pool, brunch and concierge.”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

This hotel is away from Duvall Street, so it's much quieter. The guests were very respectful of each other, including the children. The Tiki Bar by the pool was excellent with frozen drinks and multiple TVs with sporting events. The pool is large and beautiful with a waterfall. Very cozy jacuzzi. The Sunday brunch was delicious and the service outstanding. We worked with the conceirge for numerous outings (jet skiing tour, bi-plan ride, parasailing). He booked everything for us a coordinated rides to and from the hotel. He also advised us to get dropped off at Duvall Street afterwards, so we could avoid the cab ride into town. The only downside is the hotel is not in walking distance to Duvall Street and all the hot spots and driving down is not the best option with limited parking. Cabs ran about $15 dollars one way. The rooms were spacious, clean and very nice with private balconey's. This was our 2nd stay at this hotel and plan to keep coming back!

1 Thank Gucci97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and looked at the hotel's website prior to deciding to stay here. It looked almost too good to be true. After all, this was Key West, how good could it be?
In fact it lived up to all my expectations and went beyond. No question about it. The room, the pool area, the staff.... Everything was perfect. They'd even fixed the weather for us :) I wish we could have stayed longer, but we had to head on North. For my third time back to Key West I will most definitely look to go back to the Inn at Key West.
It is a very good family resort – the pool area is a tropic paradise with a large pool with a shallow end for the kids and a not as shallow other end with a small waterfall. I enjoyed the hotel. I'm sure all other guests will, too. If not I'm pretty sure you are having a really bad day. The location on North Roosevelt Blvd is not the best, but Duval is just a short drive away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
La Salle, IL
Reviewed May 5, 2010

You know, I can't say enough good things about this hotel!

My husband and I decided to take a nice long vacation to get away from it all and reconnect with each other. After many places we could have gone, we decided on Key West because of the beauty, history and just overall fun of it!

I did alot of research on this website to see which place was for us. We have been together for 12 years and really wanted to be able to hang out by ourselves if we wanted to and a bed and breakfast was just not for us, but I didn't want to get stuck in a hotel for 9 days if I hated it too!

After much deliberation and research (I use this term to its FULL capacity lol), we decided we wanted to stay here. The kid in me couldn't wait to dive in that pool and face it, the plants, palm trees and having the Gulf of Mexico just across the street just makes it an oasis!

To my surprise, when I went to book the room - it was actually about $50 cheaper PER night! I was thrilled - we had an extra $500.00 to spend when we went on vacation (that we really needed lol) I do have to mention that once you make your reservation, they DO NOT charge it! That really threw me off when we went to check out and they needed our money!

The room itself was beautiful - we got two double beds, huge flat screen tv, desk and chair, dresser with DVD player, refridgerator, coffee machine, hair dryer, safe, iron and the bathroom had a tub/shower combination. Two towels apiece (bath, hand and washcloth) and even though they have a sign for participating in the water reserving program, they changed our towels every day and cleaned our room spotless around noon or 1pm. The bed covers were great - nice clean white sheet, feather comforter(!), and a sheet over the comforter. I know this is weird information, but I've never been to a hotel that had such comfortable sheets and comforters! It wasn't like a hotel bed at all - more like my bed at home! We loved it - big pillows ranging from soft to firm and since we had two beds, we had tons of pillows! We had a nice A/C unit that kept our room super comfy - but it was a little loud. Honestly nothing I would complain about though - every AC makes a little noise and I found it relaxing when we would drift to sleep.

The outside is just a beautiful place to be! Around all the rooms and the pool, there is just this quaint cobblestone paths that you can see a few lizards hop about here and there - not to mention the lush greenery! If you are big on plants and greenery, this is your hotel! It's not only surrounding the pool, but the cafe and the parking lot too! I loved that aspect about the parking the most. It really was nice and secure - made you feel like you were very safe and in a tropical paradise! The pool is as amazing as it looks - actually way better. It is heated, has a waterfall, steps, free pool floats - geez, we spent about every day (and night!) in the pool! The best part was it never seemed to close either - no matter what time we wanted to swim, it was always open if someone was out and about! The jacuzzi was nice and warm too - back behind the greenery, like another world! Nice tiki bar and the bartenders were very nice and really told you about Key West and what to do while you were there. The blended drinks were great (and strong!) and the best part for me was they let me watch my Cubbies play on the big screens they had in the tiki bar. (they have four total!) Happy hour was always a hit and can you believe they have pool side service! Yep, that's right - pull up your lay out chair and Mike will come and take your order! We didn't do much but drink - so I can't compliment on the food, but I did look and see that the portions were HUGE for the $$$ By the way, the fitness room really is great and I really wanted to go there every day, but from all the walking and swimming - I never did get to work out! We stepped in to see it - really a nice place if you can stick to your exercise regimen! I also wanted to fill you in on having the Gulf across the street. It is beautiful to look at, but please note - there is NO BEACH, only pavement to walk up and down (which is a great morning/evening walk!) if you can get across US1. This highway is really busy, so if you don't like road noise, request to be by the pool. (PS - awesome beach just down the street - about 3 minute drive)

You know I did see alot of posts about how "far" this hotel was away from Duval. Seriously, after the second night of partying on that street I was ready for a vacation away from my vacation! This hotel is far away from town, but not so far that you can't get there - the whole island is only 2 miles by 4 miles lol And it is kinda nice to get away from all the hustle and bustle (not to mention the drunks and music!)

We rented a car when we landed in Ft Lauderdale and drove through the entire Keys - something I would recommend if you don't mind driving and taking in the sites. By doing this, we had the car the whole time and the drive for us (from the hotel) was about 5 minutes away from Old Town. There is also a bus that runs daily and the cost is super cheap (like $2)!

If you have any questions, or you want to do stuff while you're there in Key West, just ask the concierge! Yep, they have one that just sits there all day telling you what you can do and how much it costs! I loved this part of the experience because Millie really knew what was fun to do and we got discounts from the hotel!

The staff was very accomidating and really worked hard. All the people I had direct contact with were always nice and had a smile on their faces. They did have to work on the parking lot while we were there, so we were asked to move our car to another lot. Not a big deal at all in my opinion - we had to walk maybe 10 more steps!

I have tons of pictures because I really wanted to let you know the awesome experience I had here, so maybe if you are looking for a hotel you will give the Inn a try! We stayed in room 133 poolside which was on the bottom floor, so we neither had a balcony or a porch like some of the other rooms, but our room was a stone's throw from the pool and that is something I loved waking up to every morning!

We had internet access in the room, but didn't bring our laptop. We would go into the lobby and do our emails there nightly. I'm not sure if it was just our room, but our phones had a hard time. I could rarely make a phone call from my cell phone in our room and I have AT&T as a provider.

If you just feel like pizza or some fast food - this hotel is very close to that as well - not to mention a movie theater and bank right next door. This was the best hotel for our vacation - truly a vacation I will remember because of staying here!

Here are some other things I think that are worth mentioning (to me anyway!)
- They have washer and dryers so if you are there for awhile you can wash your clothes
- The pop machines are expensive $2 per bottle. Better off going next door to gas station
- The cafe is only open til 3pm or so
- The bathrooms are really updated and clean!
- There are lizards playing about, but nothing to get riled up over. I literally only saw maybe 5 of them the whole time I was there (9 nights) and most of the time we saw them when we were in the parking lot.
- The hotel has a little room with candy bars, soda, sandwiches, medicine, hats, etc. I didn't see this until our last day and believe me - I would have loved to know that when I wanted that candy bar the second night lol
- There is always someone at the front desk - even super late!
- There is a fresh water shower and roomy bathroom right next to the pool

I 100% recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back again!

1 Thank KristinesShower
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My idea of a great vacation is a serene hide-away with gracious service & a gorgeous pool. That's why I love The Inn at Key West.

Most guests are repeat visitors; this May was my second trip, but I've spoken to folks who have gone back six to ten times.

Downtown is a 20 minute bike ride, a quick bus or cab ride, but far enough away to avoid the whackiness of Duval.

The staff is efficient, helpful & friendly. The only negative is the air conditioner noise within the rooms. Light sleepers may have to turn off their air conditioners at night. There's even a Publix grocery near-by for munchies or a good bottle of wine for the room.

Did I mention the pool ? It's more beautiful than the web-site photos !

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Lakeshoregal
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Beautiful hotel. There was a mix up at check in, and staff was not accomodating to what was agreed to on the internet reservation (room for 5). The room was small, but nicely decorated with big furniture that was difficult to get around. The pull out bed was in the way of getting to the balcony door. To be out on the balcony, you had to close the door, which cut off all air to the room and there was no AC. This made for a very cramped, hot place to be. Some of the staff was less than friendly. When we got there, we asked the bartender for "things to do." She said it was late and she was to tired to tell us and to ask some of the remaining guests at the bar! The pool area is beautiful, but next time I will stay somewhere closer to Duval Street.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Logan
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We loved this hotel, we had originally booked our vacation for Feb., but due to business we had to postpone it until April. The Hotel exceeded our expectations in every way.
We had never been to Key West before, but after going we would not stay anywhere else. This hotel is not right on Duvall street, but personally we wanted to be able to have it a little quieter where we slept. And we enjoy finding our way around places.
The staff was very friendly and ensured that we were happy. I agree with the other reviews the hotel pool was beautiful and large. It has many palm trees throughout the grounds to enhance the beauty.

Thank you again to the entire staff of the Inn At Key West for a great trip. We will see you again. Kay Lynne

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2010

My wife and I have wanted to travel to Key West for some time, and now was finally the time. I began to investigate hotels on the island and soon became quite overwhelmed. I usually go for the chains that I know, but the ratings and reviews I read for those were very expensive or not very flattering to say the least. As I looked, the Inn at Key West kept coming up rated at least in the top 10 of "ALL" the hotels on the island. I checked and read everything I could find on their website to make sure I was doing the best thing for my family. Finally, in January I booked an early bird type deal and saved a few bucks. About a week before we were to arrive I got an email from the hotel asking if I would like to upgrade to the "Generous King" for an additional $30 a night which I agreed to. I am brilliant!! What a beautiful, huge hotel room. The furnishings were exquisite and service we received from the staff and service people was more than anything I could ask for. The pool is beautiful and the Tiki bar fits perfectly in this surrounding. If you are interested in enjoying Key West and enjoying outstanding hospitality book you reservations today, you will not regret it. Mickey