“Bad airconditioning”

Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Desselgem
“Bad airconditioning”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I will start with the good things:
There was a very friendly and helpfull staff.
There was a nice pool.

Now the bad things:
The airconditioning was horrible!
It was very hot in our room, too hot to sleep over there. We went to the reception to complaint, they did everything possible. First,they send the concierge, he said that we were right to complain. He send us again to the reception and he told the whole story. Finally, we get a room in the mean building, the last one. There were other people complaining, but they have to sleep in a too hot room. There was no room available for them.

Another thing were the towels at the pool.
We start swimming and there were no towels at the pool.
After a long time searching, the staff get new towels (fresh ones).

Conclusion:
Nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff (especially when you sleep in the mean building)
Unfortunate the airconditioning and the towel problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the mean buidling, the rooms there are larger and have a better airconditioning.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jon H, Front Office Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for the feedback you have provided. I'm sorry to hear you had to encounter some air conditioning issues. We do take pride in our guest service and doing everything we can to resolve any issues. We appreciate the comments about the pool area and how helpful the staff was.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Inn at Key West is the perfect place to stay when visiting Key West. They have a beautiful pool, fun tikki bar and an awesome staff. Ryan at the front desk was the best. He was very attentive and patient. We have stayed in 3 different hotels in key west. This one is by far the nicest.

• Stayed July 2013
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I appreciate the kind words about Ryan our Front Office Manager. We appreciate your business.

Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We arrived at 3:00 for check-in. We were told that our room was not ready but they invited us to have a drink by the pool while we waited. Within 20 minutes our room was ready. The room was a first floor patio room that overlooked the pool. It was very clean and nicely updated. The pool is by far the best feature. It is a tropical oasis complete with sandy beach area and amazing trees/plants! The food at the Cafe was great. Breakfast was especially good! As stated by others it is a little ways from Duval Street but the island is only 2 miles by 4 miles so nothing is really far. we had rented a car for the week we were there and never had any issues finding parking right off of Duval Street. Plus parking was free at the hotel. Will definitely be back and stay at the same place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate the kind words you have said about the property and sharing your experiences both at the tiki bar and the restaurant. We are looking forward to your business in the future.

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I reserved a large room here with an ocean view for my friends birthday surprise. When I got there they put us on the bottom floor with a parking lot view right out our window. The only view we had was of a hummer parked so close to our "tiny patio" if you can even call it that, that we could touch it. I complained, having paid extra and they said "sorry that's all we have"... The room was less than a 2 star hotel. The room smelled like mildew so much we didn't even want to sleep in it. The internet didn't work and the front desk lady couldn't even say why. The bartender by the pool was rude and judgmental. Horrible experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, there is no ocean views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 32999Beachgirl012
I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment. We do appreciate the feedback. I will take the information you have provided and follow up with hotel staff to address the issues. If you would contact me at the hotel or via email with some more specifics it would be greatly appreciated.

RyanBatot@remingtonhotels.com
ph # 305-294-5541
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've stayed at the Inn at Key West on three separate occasions. Each time I had a great experience. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are great, especially the balcony rooms. They even have a concierge on site to answer any question you may have. The pool is awesome.

Its a little ways away from Duval Street, not within walking distance unfortunately. However last time I was there I bought a cheap fishing pole and went fishing right across the street and caught a bunch of fish. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris D
Thank you for taking the time and responding and providing us with your feedback. I appreciate your kind words and we appreciate your business!

Independence, Missouri
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This place is not a good choice for you. We stayed there a year ago in June of 2012 and my wife and I will never stay again. We were very dissapointed especially after paying about four hundred bucks for two nights. The room they gave us was barely cool enough. They had an old air conditioning unit that was a floor mounted type and must have been made in the late 70's or early 80's. They told us that our room had WiFi and so we went out and purchased the proper cord to hook it up and found out later that it didn't work in our room. A rooster woke us up every morning about 6am because the room that they gave us was at the very back of the place on the second level. There was no view and it made us feel like we were in a Motel 6 and NOT in a nice, plush setting that they show you on their website with the fancy pool and all. When we checked out two days later they kept trying to charge me the full over-the-counter rate for both nights. I was upset over this because when we checked in we were told that we were getting a discount rate for the second night. I kept trying to explain this to the gal behind the counter and only after several phone calls and us waiting for about another forty-five minutes did we get the rate we were promised. I left them a written form describing what had happened to us but never heard back from anyone there. Now.....here it is a year later and I get an email from them telling us they'd like to have us back again this year. No way, folks! We wouldn't stay there again if our lives depended on it! They're only interested in one thing from you and that's your money. Everyting else falls by the wayside. So do yourself a favor and use your money more wisely than throwing it away on this dump.

Room Tip: Maybe it you shell out about five hundred bucks a night they might have a good room in this place bu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank mtman17
Steve K, Public Relations Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
My apologies for an unpleasant stay. We had been having some a/c and internet issues back around that time as I arrived to join the hotel group. However, these issues have been taken care of. A/C issues while common in Florida especially during the summer are something that does occur but we work hard to ensure it does not inconvenience our guests. Rooms with a view of the ocean or pool are available for a surcharge and I aplogize that was not offered as an option. I hope you will call me so that I may resolve the rate/credit issue personally on my cell at 757-328-4555.
Regards,
Steve Keup
Area Manager
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed at The Inn twice now and I love it.
It is totally beautiful! The food is good and they will serve you by the pool.
The pool is lovely and sometimes an iguana might walk by which makes for some great pictures.
The beds are so comfortable, you'll have a great night sleep.
Staff is eager to help and so friendly.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. Thank you for your kind words and we appreciate your business!