“Just scheduling our stay”

The Inn at Key West
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Florida
“Just scheduling our stay”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have scheduled our stay here, the trip is coming VERY soon. Any time I have spoken to anybody on the phone they have been rude and clearly couldn't care less about anything I've said. The last time I called the lady was nice. One polite Customer Service person out of the 4 I've spoken to. If I didn't want to stay here so soon, I would go elsewhere. You may want to speak to your staff about their phone etiquette. It very well may be driving potential business away.

I'm hoping that the staff here is MUCH friendlier and more accomodating in person.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank merrillsimpson
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I would appreciate if you can contact me at the hotel and provide with me some additional information. I would like to use this as counseling with our staff to improve our service.

305-294-5541
jonhosey@remingtonhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were in Key West for a Bachelor party and wanted to save a couple of bucks on the hotel so we chose this place and what an excellent decision that was. Not only was it less expensive by about $200/room per night but it was nicer than the place we were considering off of Duval St. Really, the only downside was that the location makes it slightly more difficult to get in and out of which really only means you need to plan your days out better around cab rides or go rent a scooter. Cab fare to Duval St. was very reasonable. The main attraction here is the awesome pool which is absolutely beautiful and has a great bar with friendly staff. The pool kept us busy and close to the rooms during the day which helped us avoid racking up cab fare for multiple round trips downtown.

Room Tip: We accidentally ended up w/ a poolside view on the 1st floor and couldn't have been happier.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mike779
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in responding and providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 3/20/13..when we drove up, we were disappointed with the location... However, upon entering the hotel, we really liked the lobby area, and helpful staff... Especially concierge.. When we were assigned to our room we were sooo unhappy with the location.. We should have complained since we paid 510.00 for 2 rooms.. However, we didn't want to start our stay in turmoil , so we just said nothing... We were informed the next day, that we could have been upgraded to the main hotel for just 20.00... Big mistake on our part, since we were up all night with motorcycles coming and going in a room that faced the Ohio next door!! Suggestion... Stay in the main hotel and you'll be fine! Outdoor breakfast was good!

3 Thank Nonni722
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in responding and providing us with your feedback. I will be using your comments to help us improve our hotel. We appreciate your business!

Commack, New York
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This Hotel is not in the midst of the action but only 5 minute car ride away. Roosevelt Blvd was undergoing construction so the traffic was just going one way toward Key West center. It wasn't hard to find our way back to the hotel. We drove to a municipal parking lot on Caroline St where you could pay by the hour. The hotel was absolutely beautiful. The rooms were lovely and the pool area was fantastic. The weather was a little cool when we were there in February but the pool seemed warm and there is a nice hot tub. We didn't eat in the restaurant because of the weather but it looked really nice. There was an IHOP next door we ate breakfast at one day. The other day we went to Pepe's for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beverly T

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Definitely would never come back. They towed my truck because my slip fell off my mirror inside when I shut the door. I had to argue with them to get my vehicle back. This was on my birthday. They sent me in a taxi to go get it. I had to pay for the taxi. Was completely disappointed, and could not believe the amount of disrespect they had toward me. I would never return.

1 Thank Harley225
This is the first that I have heard of this at our hotel. I have no record of this happening. Please contact me at the hotel to discuss.

Thanks

jonhosey@remingtonhotels.com
305-294-5541
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip, but normally when I go to Key West I like to stay close enough to the action that I can just leave my car parked until its time to go home. This hotel in itself was beautiful. A clean and well-decorated room with comfortable beds and a helpful staff. But it's not really an easy walk to Duval street, and there aren't many good local places to eat and drink within walking distance either. If you're ok with eating at chains or aren't as averse to driving around the island as I am, you won't be disappointed here.

• Stayed March 2013
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wonderful property in Key West. Our room was quiet and clean. Shower had lots of hot water and the beds were comfortable. Bob the Concierge - really helped set us up for a great time. A family run feel dominates - head of housekeeping,Rob was a great server as was our bartender, front desk - all wend out of their way. Dan and Winnie from housekeeping were great! JJ at the front desk!
Clean and a good value - and a great pool too!!

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony over looking the pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time in responding and providing us with your feedback. I appreciate the kind words you said about our staff. I will pass on this great review. We appreciate your business!