“Very nice place to stay.”

The Inn at Key West
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed December 10, 2011

This was our third time staying here and it was very nice. The room was really nice and service was great. One of the best things about this hotel is that it is away from the noise of Duval St. it has a great pool and terrific Tiki bar! The bartenders are great - very informative and fun to sit and chat with while sipping on great drinks! The restaurant is under new ownership and it was way better than before - enjoyed breakfast and lunch by the pool.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Key West

Reviewed December 10, 2011

Great pool area! We went to a wedding and or whole family stayed here. It was a short ride downtown and a cheap cab ride back. Hotel staff were fantastic!

Reviewed December 4, 2011

This place far exceeded our expectations. The staff was friendly and helpful, rooms and all amenities were well kept and clean. the location was convenient for all activities on the island. I researched several places on line prior to selecting the Inn at Key West and found that all of the information and pictures on the site held true unlike other properties that we actually saw while on vacation.
I would definitely recommend this property to my friends and family along with anyone else. Take advantage of the staff and concierges knowledge of the area to find some special places and deals typically only known to the locals

1  Thank DandHDirkse
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel. What a nightmare. First I saw a small bug in the tub but didn't think much of it. That night as I was sleeping I felt something tickling my arm. I thought it was my hair but it kept happening so I got out of bed and turned on the light. Right on my pillow was a HUGE COCKROACH! I reported this to the front desk immediately. They said they would send someone to the room and to close up all of my bags. They said they use very safe and effective chemicals and that they would call an exterminator. I went out for the day and when I returned I saw the cap to a bottle of Raid in the bathroom. Then I went to inspect around the bed and saw a Bed Bug crawling up the headboard!!! I also saw another bug on the baseboard! Enough was enough and I got the heck out of there. BEWARE!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room there!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Loren S
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I could not have stumbled upon a better place to stay in Key West! The staff is super friendly, the rooms are gorgeous, and the pool us amazing! We recently went down the end of Sept/beginning of Oct. A lot of places were closed because Fantasy Week was around the cornet but we made the best of it! The pool is gorgeous and conveniently there is a tiki bar that serves food as well as alcohol. My second favorite part of the Inn is the shower!! It is a spacious shower with 2 shower heads! One that is regular and another one that is on the ceiling and rains! Amazing! I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Good things
Room was clean
Staff was friendly
Pool was awesome
Drinks were very reasonably priced
The two bartenders were awesome. They made great drinks, very fun, rmembered our names and had a great stash of menus so we could order food in at night cuz we wwere so tired.
The front desk staff gave us great dining recommendations and also very friendly
Considerations for your stay
No shuttle, far away from town
The bar and pool close at 10 at nite. Too early.
The hot tub jets didn,t work but it was clean and warm so not a bad thing.
I would stay again.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband and I took our 5 month old daughter to Key West and stayed at The Inn at Key West. We got to The Inn before check-in time but they had a room ready. We asked about an upgrade and got it but it wouldn't be ready until the next day. No problem, it was worth the wait! Our room was 101 and had a king-sized bed, "private" patio (not too big and not really that private next to the parking lot but we didn't mind), a nice chair, small table, couch, coffee table, nightstands, refrigerator and coffee maker. The room was clean with a nice tropical decor of dark brown wood, palm green and gold accents. A couple of things we would have liked to have would be: a lamp near the couch, a microwave in the room, a freezer section in the refrigerator and wi-fi in the room. Wi-fi is available in the public areas but not in the rooms. We ended up buying a router and cables so we could both use our laptops at the same time. We warmed the baby's bottles with hot water in the sink and took our ice packs for the baby's milk to the front desk where they put them in a freezer for us.
The onsite restaurant is nice but not really special. It filled the need, though. There is an IHOP next door which was great! The pool area is beautiful! The deepest part was 5' 6", I believe, so no diving but plenty deep enough to swim.
The Inn is located in the new part of Key West. Convenient to the airport, grocery stores, KMart, etc. but not very close to Old Town. The island is only 4 miles long so a trip to Duval St. is really not a big deal. Parking can be tricky and expensive, though. But hey, you're on vacation, right? Parking at The Inn is free and seemed to be plentiful. We never had to fight or wait for a spot to park.
The Inn has two stories but no elevator which was kind of a bummer. If you have lots of baby stuff or a handicap you'll want to keep that in mind when booking your room. I'm sure, if they have it available, they will work with you to get you on the first floor.
The staff is VERY accommodating! Everyone was nice but Ryan at the front desk really took good care of us.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would most likely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family