“If it looks too good to be true, it usually is...”

The Inn at Key West
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Firstly, the rooms are not like those depicted on the hotels own website. Perhaps the more expensive rooms look like that but not the ones at $159 (plus $7.95 lodging tax and $11.93 sales tax per night). The room was fine, no view but clean with a big bed and average air con. The parking is free, as is the internet in the lobby and the pool is probably larger than most. Breakfast wasn't great (although there is an IHOP right next door) and none of the staff were particularly friendly especially the pool bar staff. The staff at the desk told us that the hotel was about a mile from Duval St. but its actually a 50 min brisk walk or a $15 plus tip taxi journey each way which soon stacks up (other nearby hotels offer a free shuttle service). If you want somewhere quiet to stay with no frills and dont mind driving everywhere because you are so far away, then maybe this would do but next time I travel over 4000 miles to get to Key West I'll be staying at the Duval Hotel! We didnt stay there but did have a look around and it was lovely. Its a lot smaller but the rooms were lovely, free parking, small pool and really nice, helpful staff :)

2  Thank Rhia L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,379)

Reviewed October 22, 2011

wonderfull stay ,beautifull hotel, we had a situation with the door lock but the staff handled with style and grace :)

Room Tip: views are mostly trees beautifull trees trees though
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have always wanted to visit Key West and when I told a fellow Parent at my Child's School that we where going she recommended The Inn at Key West and after reading the reviews on here I booked three nights without even looking at other Hotels. When we arrived I decided to jump into bed for a quick nap as we had been on the road for nearly s and I found the sheet over the mattress very damp and on further investigation the Mattress was soaked through and heavily stained. When I complained to the Reception and they sent in the cleaners all they wanted to do was flip the Mattress over and put on fresh sheets. This left me disgusted and I requested a room change which was offered along with a few free drinks and $20 off each night of my stay. The Mattress was so heavily stained that I thought it was being taken out of the room to be disposed off, but no, it was just taken out and given a quick rub down and put back in again.

When we moved to the next room the Air Con Unit never worked but to give the Inn credit they replaced it with a new unit.On the whole the Inn at Key West is a ok place to stay but nothing as plush as it looks on the Website and the pool although claiming to be the biggest on Key West is mediocre at best. but after the initial experience here I knew I would not enjoy my stay at the Inn. I dared not look at the Mattress knowing how they 'clean them.'

I will come back to Key West in the Future but I will be giving the Inn at Key West a wide berth and stay at the Marriott.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hotel?
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank trigger_andy
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I have been staying at the Inn at Key West since 1999, before it was actually call the Inn at Key West. It was decent back in the late 90's, the absolutely awesome pool and waterfalls were already there, but the rooms left a little to be desired. When we returned to Key West in 2000, we stayed at the Casa Marina, but although it is an outstanding hotel, I much preferred the pool and hospitality at the now Inn at Key West. We have come back each year since then to better and better rooms and furnishings, ours is always one of the Garden Terrace rooms with the rain shower and all Tommy Bahama furnishings. The lush tropical foilage is so beautiful to look at and the fact that the pool is surrounded by patio stones and sand just makes it so inviting. The hot tub is to die for in the evenings. We have been served by all of the bartenders at the Tiki bar, K T, Tim and all and they all do an excellent job of fixing what you want. The bed will spoil you and the staff will too. I need to give a big shout out to my favorite reservationist Sandy Black, she has always gone out of her way to help me out with what I am wanting for that particular year. We will keep coming back. This hotel is so perfectly situated for us. Far enough away from Duval St. to get away from the hustle and bustle and close enough to Duval to have as much fun as we want on that particular day. Check with the concierge for snorkeling trips and other exciting thing to do. Love, love, love this spot in Paradise. We will be there the first of November with all the other Parrotheads. Can't wait.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kikipoo1951
Reviewed October 21, 2011

The only downside to our stay was that it was only for ONE NIGHT!!! We are trying to figure out when we can get back to the Inn at Key West! The bed was amazingly comfortable, the pool and poolside with both patio and sand was SO relaxing and the bartenders were attentive and super friendly! We really could not have asked for a better stay. Until next time!!!! (Oh yea, and the gym was great too-what a view!!)

1  Thank S l
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and I just got married in Key West and our entire Wedding party stayed at The Inn. We have stayed there in the past and the service was exactly the same this time--Perfect!! Words can't express how kind the staff treated us. We love Key West and The Inn is the perfect hotel with a great value! The pool is amazing and the rooms are sooo clean and comfortable. The entire staff acts as if they own the hotel. They take pride in making sure the guest are greatly satisfied with their stay. My wife and I were so pleased that we brought our wedding party to The Inn. We love clean, nice and comfortable.. The Inn is the perfect stay in Key West.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Ronnie3112
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This hotel is absolutely stunning. We came for a bachelorette trip weekend and enjoyed every bit of our stay. The rooms were gorgeous with great amenities. The pool area made you feel like you were on a tropical island in the caribbean. The lush trees protected us from the tropical downpour that unfortunately occurred our entire trip.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly. We missed our connecting flight and had to arrive a day late; they changed our reservation without a problem. They even moved us to rooms right by the pool/bar area.

Speaking of the bar, the bartenders were great! Tim was so friendly and funny. Even the bar food was good.

I honestly cannot say one bad thing about this hotel. The quality you get for the reasonable rate is unbeatable. The bride-to-be is even considering extending her Orlando honeymoon to come down to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends