Booked into Banana Bay not knowing what I was getting into because of some of the poor reviews I had read. First of all the property is located on Banana Bay and what a wonderful view and setting.I would rate this property as a plus 3 star. It is true that they have not maintained the property up to the top standard and have some work to do but all the amenities are there.
Front desk very polite, cleaning staff actually talk to you and are competent. Breakfast room is one step from the patio overlooking the Bay. Perfect free breakfast (no fruit or yogart). Pool is more than adequate and lounge chairs are clean and in xcellent workilng condition. Located away from down town but only a ten minute drive to the downtown circus atmosphere.
There is a trolly line taking patrons downtown but due to road construction at this time it does not appear to be operating..
Our party of four, taking two rooms would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel situated directly on the Gulf of Mexico in a tropical garden setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banana Bay Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bay Resort - Key West Hotel Key West
- Banana Bay Hotel Key West
- Banana Bay Key West