“Our group will NOT stop talking about how FABULOUS this was!!!”

Key West Fishing Connection - Private Charters
Kenton, Ohio
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Our group will NOT stop talking about how FABULOUS this was!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

i am writing this review for my husband. He and 3 others booked this charter fishing trip. My husband had very little experience fishing and never been out charter fishing. This trip was the highlight of the entire vacation to Key West. He had and still has LOTS of fabulous stories about the entire experience... he gives me play by play without me even asking :) Many great compliments to capt dan and first mate garrett!!! They all agreed they would rebook with this company and Dan and Garrett without question! All caught sharks.. ranging from small to very large! Our friend Jeff caught a large caribbean reef shark.. so exciting and thrilling for all aboard! All the fish caught were happily eaten the next evening. We took it to Dante's restaurant to be cooked and it was delicious! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend.. I might come the next time and sunbathe and WATCH the excitement from afar :) Kuddos to Capt Dan and Garrett -worth the trip to Key West and a must-do!!

Visited June 2012

Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
“Awesome trip on Second Nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Captain Dan was up front about what to expect because we wanted to troll and he gave it his best and put us on fish, then he took us bottom fishing and we continued to hook up! He is by far one of the best charter boat Captains I have dealt with in a long time. Captain Dan is clearly doing this because he loves it and not just for the money off the tourist in Key West. He and his Mate Garrett know the area and what needs to be done to put some fish in the boat. The boat was comfortable, clean and had plenty of shade. I would HIGHLY recommend booking a charter with Second Nature, just please not on the day when we are returning for another trip!

Corsicana, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great Fishing on the Fourth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Six family members went on a half-day fishing trip on the 4th of July with Dan and Garrett and had a wonderful time. He guaranteed that we would catch fish, and we did-11 in all-plus a crab and hooking a shark. We ended up with over 10 pounds of filets, which Dan cleaned for us when we returned. (We took some of the fish to Turtle Kraals restaurant that night, where they cooked them for us-delicious. Dan gave us the names of several restaurants where they will cook your catch. There's a a review for Turtle Kraals too.) Captain Dan was helpful and friendly, highly professional. He clearly knows where the fish are. Garrett was fun to be around and easy to talk with; we really enjoyed him. It was a great trip, and we recommend them highly.

Lulea, Sweden
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Average trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Captain Dan and his helper were both knowledgable and polite and are working hard to make you catch some fish. Dan just came back from another trip and the boat was therefore a little bit dirty, which is understandable. But I have definitely been on better boats.

I would say Dan and his helper is good. If you choose to go on this boat I would recommend taking a full day because there is a 45-minute boat ride to the hot spots.

3 Thank joefor84
Whitehouse, Texas
“Great time with Capt. Dan & First Mate Garrett”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife & I fished 1st two days after T-Storm Debby finally cleared, so water was cloudy & rough the 1st day. Still had a great time, caught good fish. We've made similar charters trips before & Capt Dan & Co put the other guys to shame. Terrific boat, but especially grateful to Capt Dan & Mate Garrett. Both really know fishing & equally well know how to accommodate their fishermen. I'd very highly recommend!!!

Visited June 2012