“Great time with Capt. Dan & First Mate Garrett” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Key West Fishing Connection - Private Charters

Key West Fishing Connection - Private Charters
Whitehouse, Texas
“Great time with Capt. Dan & First Mate Garrett”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife & I fished 1st two days after T-Storm Debby finally cleared, so water was cloudy & rough the 1st day. Still had a great time, caught good fish. We've made similar charters trips before & Capt Dan & Co put the other guys to shame. Terrific boat, but especially grateful to Capt Dan & Mate Garrett. Both really know fishing & equally well know how to accommodate their fishermen. I'd very highly recommend!!!

Fredonia, New York
“Great Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have had the opurtunity to fish all over this great country , Fishing with Capt Dan & crew of Second Nature Charters is as good as it gets. I do not just want a boat ride, I want fish and they have always produced, it didn't seem to matter what I was after we caught them!

fort lauderdale
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very impressive operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

From the captain, to the mate, and even the boat, they run quite an impressive operation. I was just on a full day charter with them and we landed some impressive beasts. The first few hours were spent tarpon fishing and we landed two large ones much to the dismay of the other jealous boats in the area who were either unsuccessful or couldn't navigate well enough through the obstacles in chasing down the silver kings. In the afternoon we ventured out to the gulf and fished a wreck and battled massive Goliath groupers on almost every drop and landed a few cobia as well. I have fished with many charter boats over the years in Key West but I will be calling Dan on my next venture down to the Conch Republic. I highly recommend these guys.

Davie, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Epic day of fishing in Key West!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I've fished many times in my life but the skills displayed by Captain Dan and first mate Garrett were second to none. Although weather conditions were far from ideal for this time of year Captain Dan still put us on the fish. We started our morning in Key West Harbor and hooked 2 massive tarpon (130 and 100 lbs) rather quickly and the fight was on. Both fights lasted approx and hour. After that we wanted to go offshore but with 30mph winds and 8 foot seas Captain Dan suggested we hit the gulf for bottom fishing as a change of pace. Gulf side we hooked a few massive goliaths and finally got one of the beasts to the boat for the trophy shot. My other buddy also caught a couple nice cobia. If you are considering hitting key west to go fishing do not hesitate to call Captain Dan on the Second Nature. Thanks for memorable day we hope to be back soon!

1 Thank Docraf99
“Dan is the best I have fished with in the all the keys.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Booked captain Dan for a full day with a couple of buddies of mine. Awesome day - the weather wasn't great, but Dan came through big time. He put us on two 100+ lb tarpon, including a 140 lb big boy that was the biggest I have gotten. Huge props to Garrett (dan's mate) for helping me land the beast. He was literally doing a stunt move off of the bow of the boat. While my bud held his ankles, Garrett hung over the boat and masterfully worked my entire rod through the anchor line of one of the sailboats - never seen anything remotely close to that move - genius. After the tarpon, we went to the gulf to battle Goliath grouper. Again, Dan came through as my buddy was able to land the largest grouper I have ever seen. I also got a couple of nice cobias. Overall great day - amazing captain and mate. Highly recommended.