Tripadvisor
Key West
1,302 results
All reviews turret suite sun room happy hour parlor room dipping pool duval street mini quiches ghost tour other guests house is beautiful breakfast was delicious front porch bed and breakfast perfect location fresh fruit stay in key west first floor
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

I love this place!!! I’ve been going to the artist house for over 10 years. This was my 4th time. Stayed in a different room each time and love them all. My fiancé decided to celebrate New Years with old high school friends. They fell in love with the place too.
I keep coming back because when your there, you feel like your at home. Carlos, Jessica and Sean are always pleasant and take care of your every need. Carlos steered us to several nice off the beaten path ideas. Jessica was kind enough to set up a New Years celebration at the house to come back too after midnight. There’s no other place as nice in Key West!!!

When I was leaving an older couple was checking in as I was leaving for the airport. I gave Jessica a hug and thanked her for everything. ( Carlos, I would have hugged you too). The couple looked confused and asked if we were related? She said no, just guests. I think the staff makes you feel like family so my sister Jessica, brother Carlos, and my cousin Sean will probably be seeing me again soon!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Jason B, Owner at Artist House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dun L., Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a warm and heartfelt review about our property and especially our amazing staff. We love our beloved home and especially our guests. it is really nice to know the little extra effort we put into our jobs, whether it is keeping our complimentary happy hour going a little longer, arranging for a sunset cruise, setting up a special dinner or just engaging our guests in sincere conversation is appreciated by our guests. While we don’t always here it, you have no idea how much we appreciate your kind words. As I have said before, there are a lot of reasons to stay with us at The Artist House but our very best asset is our dedicated staff. Carlos, Jessica, Shawn, Helen and Marlene are the best in the business. They love their jobs and our guests and want nothing more than to make sure each and every guest leaves with a memorable Key West vacation experience. So, thank you again for staying with us again and again and again and we greatly look forward to seeing you back here in the near future to see your Artist House Family!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

We were welcomed by the lovely Jessica who instantly made us feel at home! Since we arrived early, she invited us in with our bags to store, advised us about parking, and provided suggestions for nearby places to explore. Our room was spacious and charming and once we were settled, we joined a happy hour gathering on the patio set up by the gracious Carlos. The breakfast was complete with fresh fruit and a variety of choices to please any guest. We felt lucky to spend a night here and hope to return when we visit Key West.

Date of stay: January 2020
Jason B, Owner at Artist House, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2020

Catbluesky, Thank you so much taking the time to post your “wonderful” review of The Artist House. We appreciate your kind words about our “spacious” and “charming” rooms, happiest of happy happy hours, and our most complete breakfast spread. Most importantly, we appreciate your recognition of the efforts of our “lovely” Jessica and our “gracious” Carlos. As you probably figured out, they love our guests and go above and beyond to make sure everyone feels like they are at “home”. So, thank you again for staying with us and your kind words about our beloved Artist House. Perhaps Carlos or Jessica told you that I am from Haverhill, MA and we are really excited that Logan Airport in Boston now has direct flights into Key West. Please spread the word to everyone in the Commonwealth and keep in mind that we give discounts to our return guests. So, now that you know, there is no excuse not to come back and see us soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

My husband and I celebrated his 60th birthday at The Artist House. We loved the history of the house and the fabulous location. The house is beautifully decorated and provides a casual, comfortable environment. Carlos was a gracious host and Jessica took care of making our reservations for dinner and a sunset cruise. Everything was ideal. We will never forget our birthday weekend in Key West!

Date of stay: January 2020
Jason B, Owner at Artist House, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Cindy, Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughtful review of The Artist House. We love when guests choose to celebrate special occasions, such as landmark birthday celebrations, with us at The Artist House. Happy Birthday to your husband!!! And, thank you for your kind words about our decor and the efforts of our staff. Carlos and Jessica work so hard to make sure our guests are happy and it is nice to know they made your vacation one to remember. So, thank you and again and please make sure to come back soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Always a pleasure to visit this iconic inn. I’ve made numerous visits over the years and finally got to share the fun with my husband this last trip. Happy Hour is a blast, chatting with Jessica over wine and cheese. She’s full of information and has all the insider tips to make your visit extra special. Breakfast is also a treat, who doesn’t like starting off a vacation day with Mimosas?! The rooms are cozy and charming, just what you’d expect from a Victorian Inn. The location is ideal close enough to the action to walk and far enough away that you can relax. I encourage you to visit this little slice of paradise the next time you’re in Key West... you won’t regret it!!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jason B, Owner at Artist House, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Wander, Thank you for posting your thoughtful review of The Artist House. It is always a pleasure to see you back home at The Artist House and we were happy to see that you brought your husband along for the ride this time around. Yes, Happy Hour is always a treat at The Artist House where our guests can enjoy some fine wine and snacks before heading out for the evening. We have so many guests that have made lifelong friends chatting in our little orchid garden. I personally love to sit on our balconies overlooking Eaton Street to watch all the people strolling down to Duval for the evening. Thank you also for mentioning the efforts of our staff, which I always say are the best in the business. They know this island like the back of their hands and want nothing more than to make sure our guests have an unforgettable Key West vacation stay. Carlos, Jessica, Shawn and Marlene work tirelessly for our guests and it is always nice to see that their efforts are recognized. So, thank you again for you wonderful review of The Artist House and please make sure to come back to see us soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

My first stay at the Artist House, won’t be my last. I intend to return there whenever I travel to Key West. From the minute I walked through the door I was impress with the beauty of this historic home Carlos our host was extremely helpful explaining the house history, showing us our beautiful room, the garden, he able to answer our questions on places & outings. There was a happy hour and breakfast every day. Great location, close to the harbor, restaurants,shopping, & music. Will stay longer when I return!

Date of stay: January 2020

Camper, Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Artist House. We love our first time visitors and see it as an opportunity to spoil you forever. Yes, and thank you for vowing to return whenever you travel back to Key West. You mentioned “the minute you walked through the door” and I too had that same feeling upon first walking through the door at The Artist House. It is hard to describe but I had this unbelievable feeling that we were destined to own this beautiful historic home... and so we bought the place. It is true. I cannot explain it but there is something magical about The Artist House. One immediately feels the history of the place, right? Also, thank you for recognizing the efforts of Carlos, who also has an extraordinary bond with the house and a loyalty to the family that built and owned the home for many generations, The Otto Family. Yes, grasshopper, thank you so much for your kinds words about our home, staff, breakfast, happy hour and your vow to return for a longer vacation stay. Please remember to call ahead so we can give you our return guest discount!