1,097 results
All reviews morning room sun room turret suite happy hour dipping pool parlor room duval street mini quiches ghost tour other guests eaton st breakfast was delicious front porch first floor bed and breakfast fresh fruit bagels
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My Husband and I have been visiting Key West for many years and we used to pass by the beautiful purple Victorian building and wonder what it would be like to stay there. We finally made the decision to stay at the Artist House during a trip in 2011 and we haven't booked a room anywhere else in KW since! We can't say enough great things about the staff. They treat us like family from the moment we enter the front door to the moment we hop in the cab to leave for the airport to head back home. They are genuinely happy to see us when we arrive and share in our sadness when we leave. The location is perfect, the staff is amazing and they provide a bevy of amenities including the scrumptious breakfast spread, booking of activities, providing of snacks in the kitchen in case you get munchies in the middle of the night, wine and beer reception every afternoon and so much more. We just left yesterday and we already miss them! You need to stay at the Artist House. You will not regret it!

Room tip: Choosing a room on the 2nd floor will provide a more quiet stay but all of the rooms are terrific!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Artist_House_KW, Manager at Artist House, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the Artist House. It's always a pleasure to see you here and your ARE family!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The house: Beautiful Victorian home in excellent condition with elegant high quality furnishings, large well appointed baths, and nice common areas. The patios and decks are great for breakfast and the daily "happy hour" and the small pool is an unexpected luxury.
The staff: This is what sets this property apart from it's competition. The people are warm and attentive as well as being seasoned professionals in the hospitality industry. They really enjoy their job and sincerely try hard to make your stay special. Laura was wonderful. We travel often and prefer to stay in B&B's whenever possible. Laura's warmth, energy, and skill will now be the standard we compare others to.
The location was perfect. 1 1/2 blks off Duvall St, close to the fun but far enough away to provide relief from the noise and crowds.
Price: Reasonable and competitive. You can find more expensive places but not a better one.
I wouldn't look anywhere else.

Room tip: The ceilings are high so it is a long walk up to the second floor. But if you don't mind stairs, "The Anne Suite" is fabulous…big room, fabulous 4-poster king bed, beautiful but practical antique furnishings.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. We enjoyed having you as our guests and hope to see you again! Our staff was very happy to provide insight into what to do in Key West.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in January and had a fabulous time. The place is gorgeous and well kept. We took advantage of both the back courtyard patio (with a lovely small pool and lush greenery) for great breakfasts and the front deck for an afternoon drink. The Artist House is well situated, a block or so off the main drag, Duval Street, which meant it is away from the crowds but easy to walk to the action. We stayed in the Eugene Studio room, very spacious and well appointed. The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. Laura spent a lot of time helping us winnow down the possibilities of places to see, restaurants to eat at, and transportation. We would definitely go back.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Artists-Fleming, Owner at Artist House, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for giving us such a lovely review. We are very lucky to work in this beautiful house and we love looking after our guests. Breakfast and Happy Hour are such a great way to start and finish the day and it sounds like they were perfect for you.
We have a great location, just right for getting around old town and it sounds like you did and saw a lot
Come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Artist House during the first weekend of this year's Key West Literary Conference (Jan. 2014). It was a great location for the conference. I was welcomed warmly by Laura, and all the other staff members were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the excellent breakfasts in the back courtyard and cocktail hours on my private balcony. If you need laundry service, there is a laudromat with same-day service nearby. There was a complimentary newspaper as well as travel brochures. It's an old house (former private residence), so the floors do creak, and you can hear some noises through the walls at night. If you want a large swimming pool, this is not the place for you (it has a small plunge pool). Also, be careful of the step at the front gate--I missed my step and banged my head rather hard on the gate door. Since it is a b&b, there is no room service of meals. Also, there is no fitness center, but I enjoyed walking around the neighborhood. If you are a churchgoer, the beautiful Episcopal Church is right around the corner facing Duval Street--it's worth a visit. All in all, I recommend this place for its convenient location, quirky history, lovely exterior and interiors, nice breakfasts, and friendly and helpful staff.

Room tip: I stayed in the Garden Room (the house's former library) on the first floor. It was really beautiful, with lovely wallpaper, hardwood floors, a decorative fireplace, nice bath (shower only), and a small private balcony off the bath. It did not have a closet but did have clothes hooks and a very large chest of drawers. The king-sized bed was too hard for me, but I often have trouble sleeping--it might be fine for some people. My room and bath were impeccably clean.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with your room and all we had to offer. The spa in the garden is a jacuzzi and just lovely for resting in, after a day wandering Key West.
I am glad to hear that everyone looked after you and hope that you will come back and visit us agin the same time next year.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a day. This place was very artistic. Room was clean and lighting gave a romantic feel. Location was less than five minutes of walk from duval street, pier and adventure activity docks.

The parking was a bit congested. The breakfast can have more options like potato.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay and you found our location and house right for you. Breakfast includes pastries, fresh croissants, bagels, fresh fruit, cereal and cold meats. With juice, coffee and champagne we usually find something to suit everyone.