1,069 results
All reviewsmorning roomsun roomturret suitehappy hourparlor roomduval streetghost tourmini quichesother guestseaton stfront porcheach afternoonbreakfast was deliciousfirst floorbagelsthe location is perfectstay in key west
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This was my first time to Key West and Artist House proved to be a lovely base camp from which to explore the town.

It's a lovely old house, converted nicely into rooms. We had a private bath and a huge space (on the first floor). I was bunking with my mom and we both really comfortable. Furniture was nice, bed was comfy and bathroom was clean and new.

Morning breakfast and evening cocktails were well done and hosted out in the tropical back yard. We didn't see much of the staff or the other guests (which can be a good thing). But, there was staff around, so if we needed something, we could find it.

My only small complaint is that due to it being an old house, it can be a bit loud. Specifically, the guests staying in the room above us spent a lot of time in their room, wearing shoes. It sounded like horses clopping around overhead. However, it wouldn't prevent me from returning for another stay! (Maybe I would just book a top level room instead)

Room Tip: First floor rooms stay nice and cool, though loud walking can be a factor.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed 6 nights in the Turret Suite at the Artist House. We loved staying there. Close to Duval St, within walking distence of everything. The room was GREAT, clean, loved the decor. The owner and staff were wonderful. Very helpful on what to do where to go. The morning breakfast was very well done out back or in your room. Loved the wine every afteernoon 4:30 to 5:30. Nicely done. All around a class act and we have traveled all over the world. We definetly will be back. Thanks for a great vacation. Jeff & Nina

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed in the Artist house for one night, and it was a great experience. First of all, it is in the best location you can get in Key West. The house is very well maintained, and the rooms are gorgeous. We can only recommend this hotel to anybody who stays in Key West.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was a lovely place, nice rooms, great people! Also very close to everything with convenient parking. We would love to stay here on our next visit to Key West!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We were originally going to stay in the Sun Room until I found out about "Robert the Doll" and quickly changed my room to the Turret Suite! No ghost encounters to report sorry to say but it could be that we stopped at the museum that houses Robert and ask his permission to stay in his room. This is a great B&B, our room was huge, the breakfast was more than I had expected, and the staff lovely. We had fun filled days and spent our evenings on the porch with a glass of wine and a book. This is a great location for walking to anything and everything you could want to do. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple