“Best Conch fritters & lobster rolls”
Review of The Conch Shack

The Conch Shack
Ranked #76 of 450 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night
Description: When you visit The Conch Shack, you're in for a true Key West experience. Located on the 100-block of the world-famous Duval Street, pull up a stool street side and grab a bite and watch the scenery walk by. You never quite know what you are going to see any given day. Experience our "Best Ever" Conch Fritters, island renown flat-top burgers, hand-cut Island Fries, and a Maine Lobster Roll that would make New Englanders proud.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A local told us about The Conch Shack which is only a couple blocks north on Duval Street from La Concha Hotel. It is a tiny hole in the wall but they do have stools by the tiny counter. It basically looks like an open air food truck with a small counter around half of it. There is an awning that covers your body but does help much during a rain storm. It is well worth eating there. I had an order of conch fritters where you can order 3, 6, 10 and over. They are the best on the island. Also, they serve New England lobster rolls so I ordered one of those. They even use the New England hot dog rolls which looks like Texas toast folded in half. They toasted both sides of the bun like they do in RI and MA. They stuffed the roll with lobster meat and handed it over. OMG!, it was sooo good!! It wasn't exactly like a New England lobster roll even though they use Maine lobsters. It was just plain lobster meat and they drizzled butter on top. I did not see any mayo. I am not complaining because it was that good. Everyone MUST eat there or else you will be sorry.

1  Thank cles32

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went for the lobster roll... Disappointing. The bread was so "toasted" It could have cracked a tooth lol. I almost DID crack a tooth on one of the 4 different lobster shells that were still mixed up in my lobster meat.. (What TINY amount of meat there even was). Cash only place, right on the duval strip. Skip this place and go to Dj's down the road. Their lobster roll is absolute perfection!!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went to this "shack" because I wanted to eat lobster rolls and a friend recommended this place. The rolls were excellent, lots of meat for the price and the bread was just soft and buttery. My kids ordered the chicken strips and they were very happy with their selection.
I'll try some conch fritters next time I visit KW.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I pretty much stop by and tried something different from this place. It's very quick and very good conch everything. It's a must stop place when you go to key west.

1  Thank Mtalavera27
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Not only is the food great, but the comedy from the night guys is worth it!! They are funny and helpful with directions, tips on where to go and just a good laugh while you wait. The food was great, we arrived after 10pm and we were hungry they took care of us! Great start to our vacation!

1  Thank Catie I