“Amazing Lobster Roll”

DJ's Clam Shack
Ranked #22 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Laurens, South Carolina
“Amazing Lobster Roll”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The overstuffed lobster roll was incredible! It was huge, enough for 2 of us to split and be full. We sat in the front and watched the crowd go by while we ate. It was a perfect stop for lunch.

• Korean first
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Two stops at DJs during short vacation”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

DJs Clam Shack is a must visit for me while visiting Key West. During a four night trip, we actually visited DJs twice - almost unheard of when there are so many great restaurants in Old Town. On the first visit of this trip, I had oysters which is my usual. Good and fresh, but pricey. The sangria was a good accompaniment On the second visit, I had a lobster roll. One of the best lobster rolls I've ever had and a far better dining value.

One lady in my group ordered clams but after a few minutes we were told that what they had was no longer fresh enough to serve, which we appreciate. He substituted for Ipswich at the same price and offered that if she didn't like them, they would be on the house. Well, they were delicious and a large portion for our group of five to all have a taste and then some.

The small seating area in back is perfect for the short wait and quick eats.

Key West, Florida
“you'll know you're not in IpswichQ”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

the lobster roll was decent but these were the worst fried clams I ever eaten. I was longing for taste of home and this place just didn't get it

• Visited April 2013
Westerly, Rhode Island, United States
“Cheap Quick Meal”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stopped for a quick bite....quick seafood, but I got the pulled pork sandwich. They accidentally gave us a corona.

Visited May 2013
Prudenville
“Get the "Overstuffed Maine Lobster Roll"”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We shared an overstuffed lobster roll for lunch and it tasted wonderful! Lots of lobster claw meat - and we really enjoyed it. Remember that this is more a place to walk up place order and then sit either overlooking Duval or in the back patio. You will not be sorry - the clams in butter sauce looked wonderful too. You can also get fish tacos, clam strips and sandwiches. I think it is a great place for lunch. Cold beer available too. You will not be sorry that you ate here.