“eek”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: http://www.geigerkeymarina.com/restaurant-tiki.htm
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Ordered peel&eat shrimp. old and nasty. Told the waitress "looks like i'll have to feed these mushy ones to the fish" -- no reply and just took the plate! I asked for 'grouper fingers' too. Breading was so overdone and hard & could hardly find any fish inside. They must have thought I was a dumb tourist and and was a good time to get rid of the old crap.

4  Thank JERRY1214

Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a great place to have lunch, and enjoy a cold beverage. I don't come to the keys without stopping here, it's a must for me. The last time I was here, I saw my first manatee! I love how laid back and off the beaten path this place is. If you're debating on stopping in, don't! just come, you'll enjoy it and be glad you did! Great people, awesome view, and good food!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I sat at the bar around 1:30 ish on a weekday afternoon and started with a draft beer, perused the menu and decided on the Hogfish tacos, grilled. They used to be called fish tacos, but you could specify hogfish if you wanted it. There used to be three and they used to come with fries. They used to be $12.95. They now serve you two tacos and beans, yellow rice and a few tortilla chips (I mean, like, 6). I prefer the beans/rice because fries never really seemed to go with tacos in my oppinion. The rice was just rice, kind of tasteless, and remained on my plate, but the beans were zesty and quite good. Price, still $12.95. Although only two tacos, each had a good hunk of meat in them. I ordered a second beer. Overall it was a good lunch-but kind of pricey- my total was $20.95 before tip -for tacos and two beers, and they quit the local's discount, I guess loyalty is no longer rewarded, and the service is hit or miss, and the waitstaff is different everytime I come!

1  Thank Jane K
Reviewed May 13, 2014

A little out of the way place, but easy to find! I have to say that we stopped in for lunch on the recommendation of a loyal customer and found it to be the perfect spot for lunch! Six of us walked in and were seated immediately. Our server, Brian, was one of the best servers I had all week in the Keys! The rest of the staff was also very friendly. The best alcoholic drink I had the entire time I was in the Keys was at Geiyer Key Marina Smokehouse Restaurant!! I don't like mojitos but decided to try their Strawberry & Kiwi Mojito. WOW! I could have stayed there all day just for those!! For lunch, I had the Lobster Po'Boy! Another big hit!! Very tasty and full of lobster! Everyone at our table loved their lunch and we had quite the variety of tastes. YUMMY! I will definitely go back when I'm on my next trip to KW!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

It is a beautiful setting and laid back atmosphere but unfortunately it ended there. We sat at the bar and I asked what was in the Pineapple Upside Colada. The bartender said the other girl was just about to make one. She made it and handed it to me. I really just wanted to know what was in it and I was going to order the Mango Sangria but it was a good drink. When we asked about ordering food the bartender, I wish I had gotten her name, nice woman, she said the kitchen would close in about minutes because BBQ would start at 4pm. Ok, we would wait. We then sat at a table next to the bar, they mostly all are and she said she would get our bar bill for us and a server, this was our first time there. She brought the bill but no one came to our table. We then stopped who looked like a manager, and said it was our first time and he said he would get us a server. He asked one girl who went to the table that came after us if it was her turn and she said no, he then asked her if she had waited on us and she said no. He never sent anyone over. We sat there for minutes, finished our drinks and left. I was really looking forward to the BBQ, it was running a little late which we understood because that is the nature of BBQ and we were ok with that but we told the guy we passed at the bbq pit when we left we were disappointed we could not get served. Many at the Marina I work at recommended this place so I was particularly disappointed.

3  Thank KeyWestPatty