“Great "out of the way" place for lunch...”

Geiger Key Marina Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 444 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.geigerkeymarina.com/restaurant-tiki.htm
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great "out of the way" place for lunch...”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

A little out of the way place, but easy to find! I have to say that we stopped in for lunch on the recommendation of a loyal customer and found it to be the perfect spot for lunch! Six of us walked in and were seated immediately. Our server, Brian, was one of the best servers I had all week in the Keys! The rest of the staff was also very friendly. The best alcoholic drink I had the entire time I was in the Keys was at Geiyer Key Marina Smokehouse Restaurant!! I don't like mojitos but decided to try their Strawberry & Kiwi Mojito. WOW! I could have stayed there all day just for those!! For lunch, I had the Lobster Po'Boy! Another big hit!! Very tasty and full of lobster! Everyone at our table loved their lunch and we had quite the variety of tastes. YUMMY! I will definitely go back when I'm on my next trip to KW!

• Visited May 2014

Key West, Florida
“Dissapointed we could not get waited on.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

It is a beautiful setting and laid back atmosphere but unfortunately it ended there. We sat at the bar and I asked what was in the Pineapple Upside Colada. The bartender said the other girl was just about to make one. She made it and handed it to me. I really just wanted to know what was in it and I was going to order the Mango Sangria but it was a good drink. When we asked about ordering food the bartender, I wish I had gotten her name, nice woman, she said the kitchen would close in about minutes because BBQ would start at 4pm. Ok, we would wait. We then sat at a table next to the bar, they mostly all are and she said she would get our bar bill for us and a server, this was our first time there. She brought the bill but no one came to our table. We then stopped who looked like a manager, and said it was our first time and he said he would get us a server. He asked one girl who went to the table that came after us if it was her turn and she said no, he then asked her if she had waited on us and she said no. He never sent anyone over. We sat there for minutes, finished our drinks and left. I was really looking forward to the BBQ, it was running a little late which we understood because that is the nature of BBQ and we were ok with that but we told the guy we passed at the bbq pit when we left we were disappointed we could not get served. Many at the Marina I work at recommended this place so I was particularly disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank KeyWestPatty
Key West, Florida
“What Happened?!?!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

As a long-time Geiger patron, I'm disappointed that the Sunday breakfast has recently been terrible. Whoever has taken over as new manager, has really dropped the ball. As someone in the restaurant industry should know, chemistry is an important part of any happy bar scene. Thank goodness most of the wait staff can overcome the inability of management to grasp what Geiger Key is all about. Food and drinks can be had anywhere, but the quality and high turnover rate is distressing to a long-time patron. Don't get rid of the Indians, get rid of the CHIEF!!!!

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank KWF00die
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the drive from Key West”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Someone recommended me going to this place while in Key West and I am glad I did.
We drove there in fifteen minutes and arrived a restaurant at around 6.30 pm cause we enjoyed the sun going down which looks beautiful from there.
There were tables available next to the water and from there we saw fish jumping and enjoyed the sun.
I had the black grouper sandwich, which was the best I have tried in fish burgers. Being a vegetarian I try many different kinds of fish dishes. The fries that came with it were awesome and the mayo wasn't plain, but had some fresh veggies in there -great.
Very friendly staff and the other guests were I guess a mix of locals and people working in the fishing business.
Do it!

Visited April 2014
“Best Hogfish in Key West”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This has to be the best Fish and Chips I have ever had, and this includes places in Ireland and England.
We also had blackened hog fish tacos and lobster bisque, everything was prepared excellent by our Veteran server "Robin" , who has served me breakfast here, back in November 2013. This one of my most favorite spots for great food and laid back style.

Visited April 2014