“Great Hot Sauce but Snotty Staff”

Peppers of Key West
Ranked #1 of 111 Shopping in Key West
Pittsburgh
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Great Hot Sauce but Snotty Staff”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Perhaps it was because when they asked me to sample some hot sauce I told them I wasn't a fan and just wanted to buy some as a gift. Very cool store and they do let you sample as many sauces as you'd like to try - pretty sure it was free...

Prices seemed very reasonable and they have tons of locally made sauces. All great for yourself or as gifts. That being said it took some effort to buy them - I practically had to wave my money in their faces for some reason. They also had quite an attitude with us. But regardless - great selection of hot sauces.

Visited November 2011

nc
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fun times at Peppers”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Bring your own cold beer as you taste your way through different sauces!

Our tasting specialist, Shelby, was knowlegeable even after just a month or so!

Fun thing to do when recovering from the duval crawl.

habbenb
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Must do in Key West! Dont forget to Bring Your Own Beer!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

If you like to eat, cook or enjoy learning about new things then you must check this place out before you leave Key West.

PoKW is a hot sauce tasting bar! As you walk in take a seat at the large center bar. One of their very friendly staff will come up to you with a complimentary bowl of chips and tell you about the place and start handing you samples of any type of hot sauce you can imagine. In my opinion this is one of the most brilliant marketing strategies I have seen from a company. Truly is a try it before you buy it place.

Best part is.... You can bring your own beer, wine, whatever and sit at the bar while you are doing your tasting. They do not serve alcohol but encourage you to bring in whatever you like! Next time I go back, I am bringing a 6 pack of beer and 20 dry chicken wings... which the owner actually encouraged me to do.

If you do not want to sit at the bar and converse with a local, still go on in, for the walls are lined with hundreds of different sauces, cook books and novelties to look at.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank habbenb
Albany, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What a find for the hot sauce lover!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I were strolling along the streets of Key West when we happened upon Peppers. We thought we would just browse thru, but the folks were so inviting that we sat down and began our tasting experience. Two hours later we had completed the entire course of tastings! Whoa!! It was a fanatastic ride and we ended up purchasing custom christmas gift packs for our family. We would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys some spice, but you DON'T have to like HOT sauces, as they also have many sweet sauces for dipping. The tasting is free! We would also recommend that you stop at Garbo's Diner cart across the street to pick up KW's best quesadilla's and then bring them into Peppers for tasting.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Dan C
Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Grab a pitcher of beer from next door and sit for a few hours, it's worth it!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

A must stop! You sit at a "bar" and get served hot sauce samples from around the world! Too much fun!

Stop at the bar next door and get some cold cocktails for yourself and the servers at the sauce bar enjoy cold beverages too!

You won't be disappointed!

Visited September 2011