“Wonderful afternoon under sail.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Schooner Appledore

Schooner Appledore
Book In Advance
More Info
$39.00*
and up
Schooner Appledore Key West Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Come aboard an Appledore tall-ship schooner and re-live maritime history. Sebago Watersports offers several Key West excursions on the historic 2-masted wooden Appledore II and Appledore Star. Enjoy a true sailing experience on our turquoise calm waters. Choose from romantic Key West sunset sails, an afternoon schooner sail or a backcountry all-day eco adventure. A complimentary selection of fine wines, premium beers, homemade sangria, and soft drinks are included on all sails.
Cincinnati, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wonderful afternoon under sail.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

The crew was extremely knowledgeable about and very friendly. The schooner is a slow sailing vessel with lots of character. Extremely family friendly venture.

Cape Coral, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“A Great Afternoon on board the Appledore V”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

My wife and I have written a number of reviews about our travels; but we still enjoy activities close to home. The schooner Appledore V is based in Michigan but has spent this past winter here in Fort Myers Beach. We booked a two hour afternoon sail on this vessel and enjoyed every minute. We had a great afternoon with perfect weather for sailing. The captain and two crew members know their stuff and created a great sailing experience. They will be headed back up north soon; but be sure to check into this sail when they return in the fall.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Charlie_From_Ohio
Fort Myers, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

What a very nice idea. Glad to have such a nice and different idea brought to Fort Myers. The crew was quite friendly, and not over bearing. Conversation was optional which I found to be perfect, especially if you just wanted to relax and hear the water and listen to the wind blow through the sails. The only down fall was the wind was very light so the schooner could not really show her skills, so check the weather and hope for about 10 mph winds.
Bring a picnic basket...wine, cheese and crackers or fruit. Perfect! And maybe a seat cushion.
Well worth trying.

Visited April 2011
Oreana, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I would recommend this!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

We have a pleasure boat and thought it would be fun to go on a boat when on vacation. Since we live up north and boating season just isn't happening right now. We decided to go on the Appledore. It was a very beautiful boat and the crew was so sweet!! We even got to help set the sails.
We have told everyone we know if you ever get to Fort Myers Beach to make sure you go on this cruise!!! (We did the sunset cruise)

Visited March 2011
1 Thank tmtt
Fort Myers
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Outstanding Sunset Sail aboard the good ship Appledore V.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

My fiance and I set sail on the Appledore V on a warm Sunday evening March 27th 2011.
I had spent a summer studying Humpback whales out of Boston aboard her big sister the Appledore II and have been in love with that ship ever since. When Groupon.com announced a two for one special deal aboard the Appledore V, I jumped at the opportunity. I found their web site to be very informative at:
It stated:
"BaySail is a private non-profit organization dedicated to promoting environmental stewardship through engaging shipboard experiences aboard our two schooners"
Once I found out who they were I was ready to go sailing. It is fantastic to not only enjoy a relaxing, beautiful and possibly highly educational cruise around Fort Myers Beach but to know the proceeds go back to support environmental education was just perfect.

I have lived on Fort Myers beach for 7 years and enjoy our waters and the Appledore V is a gorgeous ship to take you out on the water. Our crew acted very professional and were very competent seamen, but more than that they were very nice, engaging, smart, friendly folks, with a good sense of humor. We brought our own cooler of drinks and they provided tasty hummus n crackers, and my favorite big fresh Florida Gulf Pink Shrimp obviously the chef had the authentic secret recipe for a Florida Shrimp Boil !

We loved pitching in to heave ho and set the sails under the crews direction before settling in for a relaxing cruise. the sunset with an impending storm front moving in had the sky & clouds bursting with color.

I would highly recommend any sail aboard the Appledore V from Fort Myers Beach for the simple experience of sailing like it was done two hundred years ago aboard a
Gaff-Rigged Schooner in beautiful sub-tropical waters.

Visited March 2011