“GREAT DAY FISHING!!!”

Southbound Charters
Midlothian, Texas
“GREAT DAY FISHING!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Captain Richard was first class, we will be back next year and using him again. We highly recommend using him.

Visited May 2014

Helena, Arkansas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A Good Day Fishing...”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Captain Rich and his First Mate did a great job for us on a all day trip with my twin 14 year old daughters and me, in spite of what was high winds and difficult conditions. He made sure they had the time of their life, catching (and releasing) a large Black Tip Shark -- Bucket List for one daughter -- and a 30 pound Kingfish for the other daughter. In between, I managed to get a lot of fishing done as well. You can trust him to make sure you have a good day, even in no so good conditions. They were very patient and good with my daughters, who are not exactly seasoned yet at catching the big ones. Also, the boat itself is very spacious and offers a good ride in choppy waters with a head and the rest (important for daughters and middle-aged Dads alike, lol). Anyway, good folks. Cannot go wrong.

Visited March 2014
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a day!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My friend and I booked an all day trip and were not disappointed.capt.rich and Ben (I think it would be a dishonor to call him a mate,he was the most informative fisherman I ever met) caught King mackerel all day (all 20 to 30 pounders).four hits at a clip porpoising 5 to 10 feet in the air. If in key west don't hesitate in calling captain rich, I would never think of using anybody else.thanks for a great memory and a great time.

1 Thank Eugene M
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A fantastic morning of fishing with lots of laughs”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I had a morning charter on Southbound on Feb 14th (romantic?) I could not say enough about the amount of fun and excitement my wife and I had with Captain Rich and John. My wife got ill twice and she still had a great time (even was able to catch a nice mackerel). Even if we did not catch a single fish we would have still had a great time. Both Rich and John made the experience relaxed and we had lots of laughs throughout the day. However, we did manage to pull in some nice fish (mutton snapper, barracuda and mackerel), saw some dolphins jumping around and spotted a huge Hammerhead shark making his way around the reef. The icing on the cake was taking the snapper to two different restaurants over the weekend for dinner (Pepe's did an amazing job).

We will be back to fish with Southbound again as long as the wife takes some meds prior to going out.

2 Thank Craig H
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bachelor Party Weekend - Worth every cent and more”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I knew we were in the right place immediately. Only 1 of 4 of us had any real fishing experience. Before we left Cpt. Rich asked us all what we wanted to do. It wasn't based on what was biting, but rather what we thought we would have fun doing. He runs a laid-back, but very professional charter.

We had a gorgeous ride out, anchored up in some gorgeous clear water, and the Mate John took care of getting everything set up. Almost right away, we pulled in a couple mackerels and a yellow tail. Then the fish stopped biting. Rather than take us to some junk hole, Cpt. Rich focused on our experience and what we would want.

Based on his recommendation, we started trolling a bit and I snagged a huge 50" barracuda and so did one of our group. We saw some bait showers and he asked if we wanted to check it out for sailfish or keep with what we were doing. I thought it very cool he gave us the choice rather than what was fun for him. We went after the sailfish.

Mate John made a beautiful cast and we got a strike. We let our groom do the work. The crew was very helpful in coaching him how to bring in that beast. I could see the crew was having as much fun as we were and everyone was excited to catch that sailfish.

We finished up and they told us a wonderful place to have them cooked up and some things to do that night.

Top notch service here. I will definitely charter them on my next trip.