“Great key lime products”

Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe
Ranked #4 of 31 Dessert in Key West
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe... Your home for ALL THINGS KEY LIME! While world-famous for our extra-tart key lime pie, pie is just the tip of the iceberg! Sauces, dressings, salsas, marinades, candy, cookies, Kermit's carries it all! And our Kermit's Kitchen Cafe serves up breakfast, lunch and lite fare that won't break the bank. Using fresh ingredients and cooked to order while you enjoy the serenity of our koi pond garden, Kermit's is the perfect stop during your busy visit!
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

A fun variety of inventive key lime products, with lots of delicious sampling. We bought cookies, honey, candy and of course key lime pie. The owner is usually on premise and very friendly. There is a great outdoor seating area to enjoy your purchases.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The people are friendly. What we bought was tasty but they only have stuff that taste like lime and there prices are high. It's great if you like lime.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I asked where to get the best Key Lime Pie in Key West and was told to go to Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe. So after lunch we headed there. Not sure why, but it was the worst I have ever tasted. We got a slice and went to the outside (garden) seating and sat there to enjoy our pie. I tasted it first and told my husband it was not good. He thought I didn't realize it was supposed to be tart. Then he tasted it and he agreed it was not good. We returned it to the cashier and she refunded our money. I really wanted a piece of Key Lime Pie... but didn't want to take another chance of getting a bad slice. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying the pie, so not sure why ours tasted bad.

1  Thank mscjn55
KermitsKeyLime, Director of Sales at Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I believe that what has happened in this case is that this was your first exposure to truly authentic key lime pie, which is, by nature, extremely tart. Our pie is made with double-strength key lime juice and is made fresh daily.

As you stated, your money was refunded. Kermit himself tasted the pie in question, and it tasted exactly like ever other slice of pie that leaves our kitchen. Unfortunately, this particular level of authentic tartness just may not be your personal preference.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Key West.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

All over Key West you'll see places that carry key lime pie. The majority of those places stock Kermit's pie. Head right to the store and you can buy by the slice or pie, even can get a cold pack. I bought a pie and they packaged it up in a foam box with ice packs. It survived the ride back to Marco Island (5 hours+ in the car) with lots of chill left for hours more! They can also ship nationally. Last time I was in KW, sent one back to the family in NJ. It arrived cold, on time, and delicious. Nice to send a piece of KW to those who aren't there to experience it first-hand. I highly recommend stopping by.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Really fantastic key lime pie and pie dipped in chocolate on a stick. Ingredients all tasted high quality and fresh. The garden area is great to rest and cool off. Dont miss the koi pond and real key lime tree. I spent a lot at the gift shop (which has tons of samples). We bought key lime soaps, jelly beans, and marmalade. Staff were all really warm and attentive.