“A three hour tour”

Key Lime Bike Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Upon arriving at the bike shop, you'll be fitted with your bicycle and begin your approximately three-hour pedal through town. You will see the highlights of Key West, of which there are many. Pass Simonton Street Beach, the Green Parrot Bar, Key West Cemetery, Higgs Beach and the Southernmost Point of the United States, just 90 miles north of Cuba. Of particular note is the Customs House, which presides over historic Mallory Square. Dating to 1891, the faithfully restored, four-story architectural gem was originally home to the island's customs office, postal service and district courts. "Old 91" is today a national landmark and headquarters of the Key West Art & Historical Society. Another slice of local history unfolds as you approach the Presidential Gates of the Harry S. Truman Little White House. Built in 1890 as the first officer's quarters on the submarine base naval station, the abode served as Harry S. Truman's base of presidential operations during his 11 visits to Key West. Of course, Key West also is known as the home of Ernest Hemingway. During your bike ride, you will see the residence located at 907 Whitehead Street, across from the Key West lighthouse, where the famed writer lived from 1931 to 1939. One of Hemingway's legendary haunts was Sloppy Joe's Bar. Founded in 1933, the bar was located on Greene Street, just off Duval Street, during Hemingway's day. The bar has since moved to its current location on Duval Street, taking with it its storied connections to Hemingway, who suggested the name for the establishment. Other landmarks on today's roster include Dog Beach, Flagler Train Depot, Jimmy Buffet's first house, and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, the Duval Street watering hole that embodies the laid-back lyrics of the beloved singer/songwriter. After returning to the bike shop you will finish with a slice of Key Lime pie, a refreshing must-taste here in Key West.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I would recommend this tour for anyone visiting Key West! It is an easy bike ride and covers the history and highlights of Key West in three hours. We went with Chris and had a great time.

Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thanks Kyle! Had a great time with you and Luanne! I posted your pic on my facebook page, hope you saw that also!

Thanks for taking the time to write!

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"easy pace"
"frequent stops"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 39 reviews
in 15 reviews
"cruise line"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed March 5, 2014

In New location and a little hard to find but bikes are fantastic and guide is fun and very informative. Our guide Kim took us nearly eight miles over two hours. We learned the history and trivia of Key West....it's flora and fauna. We got a good understanding of the various neighborhoods on Key West and the highlites of the area. We highly recommend this company.

Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Both Kim and I thank you for the great review! I am wondering about the 8 miles though, did Kim get lost? My tour is only 6 miles! :-) I'm glad you enjoyed the tour, and thanks for writing!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our group of four decided to take a bike tour during our recent trip to the Keys. Kim led us through the town past many historical and important sights. The ride was leisurely and informative. Kim is #1. From this great introduction we now know what we would like to go see, and what we will save for another time. We loved that provided each rider with a bottle of water. Towards the end of the tour we stopped at Kermit's Key Lime Pie Shop for some tasty samples.

Thanks for the great review! I'll make sure Kim sees it. We have a bit of a competition going on, and I think she's pulling into the lead!

Thanks for taking the time to write, and come back soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have been to Key West many times. Tried the Hop on Hop Off, scooters, car, etc.-this was the best for me. The tour I took lasted about 2.5 to 3 hours. Physically it was very easy, except getting used to the pedal brakes. They furnished water. We stopped at all the major tourist attractions briefly. If you want to tour, you have to go back on your own. But this is a great slow motion way to learn you way around. Our tour guide was Sarah Goodwin-she did a real fine job. We booked through the cruise ship, but it's probably a bit cheaper to call them direct at 305-340-7834.

Thanks for the great review! I'll make sure that Sarah sees it. I'm glad you found our tour the best way to see Key West with all of the different tour options out there, I'd say I agree with you! As for booking directly, it depends on the cruise line. Most of them charge the same $39 per person as I do, so if you're on a ship it's easier for you to book through them.

Thanks again for taking the time to write such a great review!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Key Lime Bike Tour and our guide Kim provided my husband and I an easy way to see the city in our 5 hour stopover on our cruise. She has a great knowledge of the history of Key West, an easy going demeanor and a way of making everyone on the tour feel comfortable. A meandering path through the heart of Key West, down Duvall Street, Hemingway's home, the southernmost point, etc., she provided us with a great glimpse of the wonderful place. Kudos to Kim!

Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thanks Cindy! Kim does a great job for us and she'll really appreciate the 5 star review. Now that you've had a taste of Key West we hope you'll come back for a longer stay!

Thanks for taking the time to write, we appreciate it!