“Don't miss this one!”

Key Lime Bike Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Upon arriving at the bike shop, you'll be fitted with your bicycle and begin your approximately three-hour pedal through town. You will see the highlights of Key West, of which there are many. Pass Simonton Street Beach, the Green Parrot Bar, Key West Cemetery, Higgs Beach and the Southernmost Point of the United States, just 90 miles north of Cuba. Of particular note is the Customs House, which presides over historic Mallory Square. Dating to 1891, the faithfully restored, four-story architectural gem was originally home to the island's customs office, postal service and district courts. "Old 91" is today a national landmark and headquarters of the Key West Art & Historical Society. Another slice of local history unfolds as you approach the Presidential Gates of the Harry S. Truman Little White House. Built in 1890 as the first officer's quarters on the submarine base naval station, the abode served as Harry S. Truman's base of presidential operations during his 11 visits to Key West. Of course, Key West also is known as the home of Ernest Hemingway. During your bike ride, you will see the residence located at 907 Whitehead Street, across from the Key West lighthouse, where the famed writer lived from 1931 to 1939. One of Hemingway's legendary haunts was Sloppy Joe's Bar. Founded in 1933, the bar was located on Greene Street, just off Duval Street, during Hemingway's day. The bar has since moved to its current location on Duval Street, taking with it its storied connections to Hemingway, who suggested the name for the establishment. Other landmarks on today's roster include Dog Beach, Flagler Train Depot, Jimmy Buffet's first house, and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, the Duval Street watering hole that embodies the laid-back lyrics of the beloved singer/songwriter. After returning to the bike shop you will finish with a slice of Key Lime pie, a refreshing must-taste here in Key West.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't miss this one!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Chris was a GREAT guide! I totally felt like we were just cruising around town with a very knowledgeable local. I mean...that's exactly what it was. It was a really small group, so we were able to just go at a nice, relaxed pace. Chris is the kind of guy you just want to be friends with, and next time we are in Key West- we are going to find him for a happy hour!

I was honestly a bit skeptical about a bike tour, but it was great information and extremely entertaining company.

Visited August 2013
Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for the great review! I had a great time with your group, and next time not only will we hit happy hour, but we'll also go to Kermit's for that frozen Key Lime Pie on a stick that we missed out on because you had to make your next excursion. Try to be here on a Monday of Friday next time so we can go to Turtle Kraal's for the turtle races!

Staffordshire
“One of the best guided tours we've ever done”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Key Lime Bike Tours owner Chris took us out on our tour today and we had a great time. It was approx 3 hours, 6 miles and there were many stops along the way where Chris gave us lots of information about Key West. He was a very knowledgeable tour guide, covering a variety of topics about the island and its history. He also answered all the questions our group had as we went along. As there were many points of interest and a lot of things to see, Chris picked shady spots to pull over into which was much appreciated in the heat. There was also good opportunities to take photos when we did stop. Check out their Facebook page and you'll see from everyone's smiling faces how much fun this tour is.

Dean & Jen - England

Visited August 2013
Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that I was able to help you enjoy your honeymoon here in Key West! Thanks for the great review, and good luck at the turtle races!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
“Great biking tour”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife & I biked around Key West with Chris, the owner, and one other couple. It was a lot of fun and very informative…..history, architecture, interesting tidbits, etc. I’ve been to Key West 5 times now and I never knew that I knew so little about Key West until this tour. And, Chris was a joy to spend time with. It was one of the highlights of our vacation.
Looking for something to do with you kids in Key West? This is would be a great activity.

Visited August 2013
Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I had a great time with the two of you, and thanks for choosing my tour as a way to spend your 25th anniversary! I always enjoy taking people around the island who've been here before and showing them things they may not have seen or known about. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review, and hopefully we'll see you both back in Key West one day!
Key West, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Biking around the Island”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hi there, we drove to Key West from Lakeland and so I thought that riding some bikes after that long car ride would be great and it was!

Our guide was Christopher and he was terrific! It was about 2 1/2 hrs that might run longer if no one has anything right after - we didn't so we took our time. He showed us everything and had great interesting facts and stories about all the attractions on the island. The bikes are all cruisers and they are easy to ride and manuever throughout town plus very comfortable (LOL)

I had my kids with me (12 & 15) and they loved it. Christopher was funny and even helpful in telling us about other attractions that might be cool such as Turtle Krawls - definitely go (only during the week at 6PM sharp) alot of fun!

The cost was not too expensive for what we did considering all the other activities onthe island and we all had a great time. He has a morning and afternoon ride - we went in the afternoon and in August it was a little hot but not too bad so if the heat bothers you take the morning ride.

He also stops at Kermits for some Key Lime Ice Cream pops - delicious!

Thanks Christopher - we had a great time!

Visited August 2013
Thanks for the great review! I enjoyed taking you and your kids around the island, but you're right about the heat in the afternoons here in August! That's why we stop in to the air conditioned Kermit's for that frozen Key Lime pie on a stick! I hope one of you won the turtle races at Turtle Kraals! Thanks again for taking the time to write, it means a lot to us!
Zionsville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Must Do Family Fun Activity.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a fabulous way to see Old Town and all the wonderful historic landmarks Key West has to offer. Steph was our guide, there were 10 on the tour and he remembered everyones name, pretty impressive! He made sure we went at a pace that was comfortable for everybody, he was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. He provided lots of facts, some of which were true ;-) We highly recommend this tour.

Visited July 2013
Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks so much for the review! Below is a response from your guide, Steph.

"Man, I was pretty impressed with that review you wrote, thank you so much! I guess you didn't get to see tha I wrote everyone's names on my left arm and that's why I kept looking at my watch. And thanks for adding the photo's, like the one showing the local wildlife in the Green Parrot Bar. I also liked the other one with 10 empty bikes because we all wound up in the cemetary because of the crazy traffic! Oh, no, wait, it was just the last stop!

Thanks again, big love!