“Great Tour!”

Key Lime Bike Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Upon arriving at the bike shop, you'll be fitted with your bicycle and begin your approximately three-hour pedal through town. You will see the highlights of Key West, of which there are many. Pass Simonton Street Beach, the Green Parrot Bar, Key West Cemetery, Higgs Beach and the Southernmost Point of the United States, just 90 miles north of Cuba. Of particular note is the Customs House, which presides over historic Mallory Square. Dating to 1891, the faithfully restored, four-story architectural gem was originally home to the island's customs office, postal service and district courts. "Old 91" is today a national landmark and headquarters of the Key West Art & Historical Society. Another slice of local history unfolds as you approach the Presidential Gates of the Harry S. Truman Little White House. Built in 1890 as the first officer's quarters on the submarine base naval station, the abode served as Harry S. Truman's base of presidential operations during his 11 visits to Key West. Of course, Key West also is known as the home of Ernest Hemingway. During your bike ride, you will see the residence located at 907 Whitehead Street, across from the Key West lighthouse, where the famed writer lived from 1931 to 1939. One of Hemingway's legendary haunts was Sloppy Joe's Bar. Founded in 1933, the bar was located on Greene Street, just off Duval Street, during Hemingway's day. The bar has since moved to its current location on Duval Street, taking with it its storied connections to Hemingway, who suggested the name for the establishment. Other landmarks on today's roster include Dog Beach, Flagler Train Depot, Jimmy Buffet's first house, and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, the Duval Street watering hole that embodies the laid-back lyrics of the beloved singer/songwriter. After returning to the bike shop you will finish with a slice of Key Lime pie, a refreshing must-taste here in Key West.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Christopher did a great job with this tour. The bike riding was easy, just 5-10 minutes between stops. Bike was comfortable and easy to ride for everyone -- large seat, no speeds, foot brakes. Christopher clearly studies the history of the area and keeps up on current events, He was able to convey the flavor of Key West with personal anecdotes. Some of the riding on narrow city streets was a bit hairy for someone who hasn't ridden a bike in a long time, but it wasn't hard to keep up with the group. Highly recommend this tour!

Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed my tour! I do try to make the history come alive as I describe it, so I'm glad you mentioned that as well. Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)
All reviews
in 22 reviews
"frequent stops"
"disney cruise"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 40 reviews
in 11 reviews
"in great shape"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Had a great time on our tour! Christopher took my family (six of us) on our own tour around Key West and was knowledgable, funny, and patient with our slower pace. At the end of our tour, Christopher recommended some local eateries which were very good. If you take his tour make sure you try the amazing mahi tacos next to his place. Thanks again and hope we can come back soon.

-Matt G.

So glad your family enjoyed the trip! I'm glad you enjoyed the tacos at Garbo's Grill. One of my guides gets them almost every day he works! Good luck on the upcoming weddings, and thanks for taking the time to write such a great review!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Been to KW many times, visited the museums, but trolley/train tours are not my thing. So the minute i saw the group of bikers on bright green bikes, enjoying the scenery and stories, i knew it was for me! Christopher, our very knowledgeable guide, brought us to all the cool things i like to visit during each trip, including: mile marker 0, southernmost point, Jimmy Buffett's recording studio, Bahama Village, beaches, even the dog park/beach! This is a must-do thing in KW!

Thanks for the great review! One of the things that I love about doing this tour is every now and then I meet some great people and my wife and I wind up hanging with them for the rest of the tour. Michelle and I had a great time with you on the Danger Charter sunset sail, and thanks for letting us help you celebrate your 15th wedding anniversary! Say hello to your husband for us, and we can't wait to hang out with the two of you the next time you come to Key West!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great way to see Key West. The guide was very knowledgeable and personable. Nice flat terrain made pedaling easy.

Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for the 5 star review! I'm glad you enjoyed your tour of our little island. Hopefully the taste that you got from the cruise will whet your appetite to come back and spend more time here. Thanks again for taking the time to review us!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just the right amount of biking and sightseeing. The temperature was near 90 degrees but our guide, Christopher, did a fantastic job of keeping us in the shade whenever we stopped. That and the free bottle of water was plenty to keep everyone cool. We hit all the major sites and I learned all sorts of interesting tidbits. When asked, Christopher even knew the best place in town to see the most chickens (Post Office). This bike tour is a must for anybody visiting Key West.

Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Sorry we didn't see the San Diego Chicken! I had great time with your group, and I hope that your wife saw all the chickens she wanted to while in Key West. Thanks for taking the time to write such a fantaxtic review!