Tripadvisor
Key West

“I made standing reservations twice a week, all year”
Review of Lola's Bistro

Lola's Bistro
Ranked #205 of 450 Restaurants in Key West
Description: A new Italian eclectic BYOB restaurant with a bohemian vibe.
Description: A new Italian eclectic BYOB restaurant with a bohemian vibe.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was started off with a complimentary bruschetta with wonderfully seasoned house vegetables, fresh mozzarella cheese, and French bread. For my appetizer course I ordered scallops. Biggest scallops I’ve ever seen, so tender, so flavorful and accompanied with a beautiful roasted-garlic sauce. For the entree I ordered the Mediterranean Seabass. To say it was cooked perfectly would be a lie. It was cooked beyond perfection. Moist, tender, flakey, and packed with flavor. This entree came accompanied with a lemon-caper sauce. Finally, for dessert, I ordered the tiramisu. Very light and fluffy, a subtle yet prominent balance of espresso & rum and then garnished with cocoa powder & freshly shaved Hersey chocolate! And despite the food itself being flawless and remarkable, it would not have been the same experience without the waitress/hostess/owner: Melanie DeFelice. She brings a beautifully radiated and heavenly beam of light to the dining room that cannot be emulated by anyone else. She is a perfect harmony that turns a magical eating experience into an epic, magnificent universe as soon as you walk through the front door. Thank you Lola’s Bistro, for blessing all of us conchs with your family, food, and friendship.

Date of visit: January 2020
melaniepG8454DB, General Manager at Lola's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you! ❤️

Write a reviewReviews (54)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lola’s is a new cozy restaurant. There are no menus, it is verbal and the menu changes each day. Everything is amazing!! The gnocchi are like pillows, absolutely delicious! I ended up eating here twice during my trip and is now my favorite restaurant! You need to make a reservation and it is BYOB with no corking fee. I can’t wait to go back my next trip!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were fortunate to hear about Lola’s Bisto while visiting the week of Christmas. We called and got a reservation and so happy we did. The restaurant itself is small and cozy with an open kitchen. As everyone mentions, it is BYOB, you only will receive a chilled bottle of water. We aren’t big wine drinkers, so we stopped and brought a gin cocktail with us and it was perfect for our tastes. Otherwise stop and pick up your favorite wine and you’ll be good to go. I will also state they are cash/check only so come prepared, again it wasn’t an issue for us.
We were quickly seated and told the oral only menu. We ordered 2 appetizers and 2 entrees. Everything was extremely good. The highlights for us were the gnocchi appetizer and the veal medallions with ravioli. My husband described the gnocchi as transcendent, perfectly light and wonderfully sauced. Honestly the appetizers were enough for a meal.
Absolutely love the concept and the restaurant. We will definitely make at least one reservation or possibly 2 for our next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

By husband and I ate at Lola's twice on our last trip to Key West. The space is great, low-key and classy. Rich is a terrific chef, whose food is inventive and delicious. It's BYO, which makes it even better! We can't recommend it highly enough. Trust us. We go to Key West twice a year, and this is a winner!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just what key west needed! Excellent food, quaint atmosphere, and awesome owners! Love the verbal menu and the experience of watching the chef cook. BYOB is always nice, it’s about the food not the booze!