“Capt. Paul is THE MAN!”

Seize the Day Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West Fishing with Captain Paul D'Antoni aboard Seize the Day Charters - Specializing in tarpon fishing charters and also Wrecks, Reefs, inshore and offshore fishing.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a week in South Florida and the Florida Keys for our honeymoon. We are both avid anglers back home but wanted to try something different while in Key West. After much research I determined that Capt. Paul seemd to be the most reputable guide on the island so we booked an 8 hour Atlantic Wreck Charter with him for Feb 6, 2013. We were not dissapointed: Not only is Capt. Paul very knowledgeable and a great guide but he is also a really friendly guy and put in a lot of hard work and patience with us helping to catch some great fish. We ended up cacthing some barracuda (one about 30lbs), 2 nice sized Amberjacks, as well as a silk shark, silk snapper, mutton snapper, grouper and a few other species. The action was non-stop and Capt. Paul was working hard all day rigging lines, chuming and getting us on the fish. He was a really cool guy and had lots of good stories. If you are going to Key West and want the absolute best fishing experience you have to go with Seize the Day Fishing Charters, but make sure you book him well in advance as he is a popular guy!

4  Thank Dupe1980

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Fished with captain Paul on 1-4-2013. Book a 3/4 day trip. We weren't out to target anything specific. We started on a deeper reef on the bottom. Caught a snapper. Then, the Bonita moved in and caught as many as we could stand, one even on a fly. About an hour into the Bonita, hooked a sail and landed it on light tackle. Caught a mahi and finished the day chasing Spanish mackerel over a shallow reef. I have fished with guides all over the south. Captain Paul is one of the best. He prepares for the day, has excellent gear and has a great personality. Even though he has been doing this for 15 odd years, he still gets a kick out of seeing his clients catch fish. If you can book him, do it.

1  Thank FMSPEED
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went out with Paul for a 1/2 day and had a great time! The weather wasn't favorable the day of the charter (cold front came through, a balmy low in the mid 60s for the Floridians) but we were still able to get a good solid 1/2 day in. Pleanty of jacks, yellowtail snapper, got a nice big grouper on the line who broke off and a nice mutton. Captain Paul was great constantly working to get me on the fish as well as really easy going and great to talk with. My nonfishing wife came along and had a great time too enjoying time out on the water, saw some out running around. I look forward to coming down when the tarpon are running and trying for my first tarpon!

1  Thank Blake B
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Fished with Capt. D'Antoni in Key West and had a great time. Most impressive with his hnowledge of the KW fishery. Highlt recommend him for inshore/nearshore charter. We got off the boat at the end of the trip and booked for next year!!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We fished two days in a row with Paul, July 2nd and 3rd and we can't say enough about both trips! On the first trip my husband, dad, and father-in-law went and they caught 15 total tarpon on a 3/4 day trip. The following day my husband and I went with Paul and we caught another 6 tarpon!! Capt. Paul knows the fish and is very professional, an all around great guide. We will DEFINITELY be fishing with him again on our next trip to Key West. Highly recommended. You will not be disappointed!