“What a day on the water!”

Blue Eyed Trader Private Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a fun filled day in the Florida Keys. Spend a few hours sportfishing or family fun fishing. Plan a beach excursion, swimming, snorkeling, sight seeing,or a sunset cruise. See the annual powerboat races from the water. Design your day on the water with Captain Ron on the Blue Eyed Trader.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked a trip with Captain Ron for offshore fishing, when speaking with him he said that the offshore bite had been slow and we might want to reef fish instead, when we arrived at the boat the weather was so nice we decided to give offshore a try. The seas were calm so we ran out to the wall before finding a weed line, it didn’t take long before the dolphin were on and what a wild time, after about 1 hour of none stop catching we decided to move on, it wasn’t long before we hooked up a 40lb Wahoo. It was early so we moved to the reef and chummed for snapper, finishing up the day with Dolphin, Wahoo and Snapper, we had a great day on the water with lots of laughs. Captain Ron and Mate Nina made sure everything was taken care of, cleaned and baged all the fish for us. Fishing the Blue Eyed Trader with Captain Ron and Mate Nina is a must do when you are in Key West

1  Thank bud9346
Captainron_11, Owner at Blue Eyed Trader Private Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

It felt like we had professional anglers aboard when you guys fished with us. Oh yes, that dolphin bite was nothing but fish slamming fun. A great time was had by all. Women CAN fish!!! Thanks so much for coming out with us.

All reviews
"great trip"
in 19 reviews
"knew exactly where"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this charter"
in 4 reviews
"different species"
"charter boat"
in 4 reviews
"great sense of humor"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I traveled to key west in August to celebrate our anniversary. The highlight of our trip was defiantly fishing with Captain Ron and his wife Nina. Our communication with Captain Ron started several weeks before our trip. We set a tentative date. Once we arrived in Key West my husband called Captain Ron and we ended up changing our day so his wife Nina would be able to join us. Awesome decision! My husband and I did a full day and loved every minute of it. From the moment we met Captain Ron and Nina we hit it off as friends. As we traveled out to our fishing spot for the day we carried on in conversation. Once we arrived at our fishing hole for the day Ron sent out the first cast and Hooked a fish right away! He handed the pole to my husband to reel in; from that moment the smile didn't leave his face!!!! As the morning carried on we continued to reel in fish and plenty of sharks. Not being the most experience fisher, Nina was very patient in teaching me and making sure I continued to have a great time reeling in fish. We pulled in several different fish and had plenty to have for a fresh dinner. After the majority of the day reeling in fish after fish with the hot August sun beating down on us we decided to go snorkeling for lobster. It was a great change of pace and great way to cool off. Though my husband and I were unsuccessful in our lobstering adventure; Nina caught 2 and we were able to enjoy a lobster tail appetizer with our meal!

Hands down this was our best experience in key west. Captain Ron really loves what he does and gets you pumped up and excited. Also, they have the patients and skills to make sure that every experience level enjoys their fishing experience. My husband and I cannot wait till our next trip to Key West and we will defiantly be fishing with Captain Ron again in the future!!!!

It's always a pleasure to have enthusiastic folks like you aboard. It makes the trip seem effortless. Sharing our passion for being out on the water with you is what it's about for us, Glad we were able to have the underwater experience as well. A couple of tails to finish the day, what a treat! Thank you so much for coming out with us.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I were in the keys for a wedding so i decided to kill some time and take a side trip fishing. Brought my son Zach and Daughter Kini with me. The trip started out rough due to the wx so Kini got sick but Zach and I stuck with it. Boy was it worth it. Ron brought us to an awesome fishing spot and coached us how to bait and set the hook to pull in a bunch of red snapper. The wx finally calmed down and the fishing was fantastic. Ron even sent us off to a local place where they cooked our fish and provided sides and drinks. I can't remeber the name of the restaurant but Ron will be able to tell you. I coulnd't imagine a better place to be or a better boat to fish on. Ron is a great captain and guide. Now I just can't wait to go back for a pure fishing trip.

Captainron_11, Owner at Blue Eyed Trader Private Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Glad you stuck it out despite it being a bit rough. The fish certainly don't mind the waves. Bringing home fish to feed the family always makes it a treat. The Hogfish Grill is the restaurant you mentioned, always a great meal there. Thanks for fishing with us, we'll see you on next trip down.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Captain Ron and Nina took my husband and I on a most memorable fishing excursion on August 1, 2012, in celebration of our anniversary. My husband is an avid fisherman, but I had never even held a fishing pole! Captain Ron and Nina baited my line, then explained to me how to manipulate the line. On my very first cast, I snagged a BIG fish, and Captain Ron "talked me through it". It was so exciting for me to actually catch my dinner for that day. Over the course of the trip, not only were they patient and helpful, we saw many beautiful fish, graceful jellyfish, and -- a shark who summarily came after several of our catches. We caught so many wonderful fish that we had to release most of them. However, we kept several for our dinner. Captain Ron and Nina dropped us off at Hogfish Grill where we enjoyed our prize catch for dinner. When we return to Key West, we will definitely be aboard the Blue Eyed Trader with Nina and Captain Ron. Thank you for an exciting and memorable trip!

Captainron_11, Owner at Blue Eyed Trader Private Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

As always we are sooo fortunate to meet folks like you. You were so much fun. It is great to have people who are out there for the 'experience' of being there. Yes, appreciating the jellyfish gracefully drift by through the current is particularly rewarding. Watching the sharks chase the fish on the end of the line is 'Wild America' in action. Thank you for fishing with us, I'm glad we were priveledged to be the first to experience your frst time fishing. Glad you enjoyed your dinner and hope we'll see you again. Thanks for coming out with us

See more reviews
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This trip was more than either my boyfriend, Kevin or I imagined. Captain Ron and Nina love what they do and it shows. Our trip out was the first trip after tropical storm Isaac. We weren't sure what the waters would bring but we were happy just being out there. But, of course Captain Ron didn't disappoint. He put us right on em. Kevin and I caught some amazing fish. Afterwards we went to Hog Fish Grill and enjoyed our catch. This is by far the best trip we've ever been on. We look forward to bringing our family and friends to meet Captain Ron and Nina and enjoy another great day of fishing!

We knew from the moment you guys arrived it was gonna be a fun day. Boots and jeans on the fishing boat made US feel right at home. It was fun from the start. We do love what we do and are so lucky to meet folks like you. Sharing the catch with you at the Hogfish was a treat. Happy hunting this season. Thanks for coming out with us.