My stay here was just fine, but nothing fantastic. Let me break it down:
The room was nice, new and clean with plenty of space and a bed that was just fine with contemporary, clean linens and pretty colors.
Check in and check out was extremely fast, efficient and friendly. There is a $100 security deposit when you check in, but this wasn't a big deal for us.
The not so good:
- The hotel's location: if you choose a "streetview balcony" prepare to overlook a dingy laundromat or some tiny, crappy houses. It's an easy walk to Duval, but still a walk, so if being within steps of the action is a concern for you, this may not be the best place. The bf and I are in good shape and we don't mind walking, so this was fine for us, but we both said we would have preferred being a tad bit closer. I like to wear high heels, and the extra few steps made me think twice about it.
- Outdoor corridors: this hotel had them, which isn't my favorite.
- Creative photography: this is much smaller than the photos online, particularly the pool area, as others have noted. A $10 resort fee really isn't a big deal to me, but if you are someone who is concerned about this, there really isn't anything warranting it at this hotel. Definitely not a resort, more of a Best Western.
- Thin walls. We could hear the maids walking by every morning, cleaning the adjoining rooms (yes, our room had a door to another room attached, which I kind of hate), and we could hear general street noise. This probably isn't the place for light sleepers.
- There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom and ours definitely had a gross, light mildew odor going on.
- This is a "green" hotel, meaning you have to put your room key in a slot near the door to make the power in the room work. I hate to say this, but this is one example where I think "green" really means "hotel trying to save money on the electric bill."
In all, this hotel was just fine, and while I probably wouldn't stay here again, I might if the price was right. To reiterate: it was clean, the rooms were spacious and the location was pretty good.
The bf and I usually try to stay in four-star places when we go out of town, though, and this was just more of a true three-star, on par with a basic Holiday Inn or Best Western. So, if you're just looking for a place to sleep, this is a fine choice. If you're looking to enjoy some upscale amenities, this probably isn't the place for you.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Palms Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Palms Hotel Key West